Healthy cure to BAD cravings.

Options
elitejrb
elitejrb Posts: 4 Member
I have cured my craving for a reese's penutbutter cup. At one time in my life I could easily eat an entire KING size one of these and seriously consider another. How did I do it? Protien shake. 8oz. milk , one scoop chocolate protien powder, ( I use Body Fortress super advanced whey protein) 2 tbl spoons jiff peanut butter, 6-8 ice cubes, I also throw in 1/2 a medium Bannana. Put all that in Blender. Blend well and serve. Yummy!!! it is about 460 Calories, which is a good amount, But I was under my calorie goal for the day by 1200. I had a great workout burned 598 cal. So I did not want to be to low in cal. for the day. Anyone else find a good way to cure a bad craving?

Replies

• stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & bananas!
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    nice! i find that hard candy cures sugar cravings for me..better to eat a few hard candies than a Snickers bar!
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That reminds me of these "cookies" I made the other day that really helped my cravings! I drink Beachbody's chocolate Shakeology everyday (love it!) and someone sent me a no-bake cookie recipe. I had to modify it a bit since I didn't have some of the ingredients, but it was pretty much chocolate shakeology mix, natural peanut butter, honey, and quick oats rolled into balls :) delish!
  • 4Shellie
    4Shellie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter also! Weight Watchers has these double chocolate chip "muffins". They are decent in size and only have 180 calories. They also have 8 grams of fiber wich help to make you feel full. But they taste great! It is a mix between a brownie and a muffin and as I said they are not small, so I feel like I had an actual filling treat!
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter also! Weight Watchers has these double chocolate chip "muffins". They are decent in size and only have 180 calories. They also have 8 grams of fiber wich help to make you feel full. But they taste great! It is a mix between a brownie and a muffin and as I said they are not small, so I feel like I had an actual filling treat!

I'm going to have to try those!! WW has some good snacks that help those cravings
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Balls (be careful, it's hard to stop at one of these!)

Serving Size : 36

16 oz Peanut Butter
    1 cup Vanilla or chocolate Protein Powder
    1 cup powdered milk
    8 packets Splenda

Mix all ingrediants, roll into balls and refridgerate.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 116 Calories; 8g Fat (56.8% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 14mg Cholesterol; 81mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.

Peanut Butter Custard Pie (no crust)

2 scoops vanilla protein Powder
    1/2 c peanut butter
    16 oz. cold water -- (2 c)
    1 package vanilla or chocolate pudding, sugar free INSTANT–

In a mixer bowl combine 2 scoops vanilla protein powder and peanut butter. Mix just till crumbly. Drop crumbly mixture into an 11 X 7 Pyrex (or other) casserole dish (do NOT squish the mixture!)

Using same mixing bowl and beaters, combine cold water, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder and vanilla Sugar Free pudding mix. Beat until pudding thickens (same instructions as on box) and scoop it on top of the peanut butter crumblies!

Refrigerate for about an hour and serve.

Makes about 6-8 servings
    Full Batch:
    1,160 cals; 1900 mg sodium; 18g sugar; 66g fat; 64g carbs; 78g protein

6 Servings:
    Per Serving: 201 Calories; 12g Fat (51.2% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 136mg Sodium.

8 Servings:
    Per Serving: 151 Calories; 9g Fat (51.2% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 102mg Sodium.
  • Smurfette64
    Options
    I can't have artificial sweetener as I am allergic to them, so it was really hard for me to find a low-cal snack - that was until I "found" the Symply Too Good To Be True recipe books by Annette Sym - they are published in Australia but available online - there are so many yummy low-cal meals and snacks in them that now I just make up batches of cakes and cookies and desserts and freeze them, so when the I get an attack of the munchies I take one from the freezer and make myself wait until it is thawed before I eat it - that way I savour every little crumb. And each recipe lists the complete nutritional breakdown, so easy

That being said I find I don't really crave chocolate after 6 weeks without it - my biggest weakness was Pepsi and we went out for dinner the other night and I had one drink of Pepsi and didn't want anymore - where in the past I would have had possibly 3-4 cups of the poison.

Good luck with your BAD cravings :flowerforyou:
  • mjg08060
    mjg08060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Cocoa and PB in my oatmeal. :-)
  • BigCountry00
    Options
    Peanut Butter Balls (be careful, it's hard to stop at one of these!)

Serving Size : 36

16 oz Peanut Butter
    1 cup Vanilla or chocolate Protein Powder
    1 cup powdered milk
    8 packets Splenda

Mix all ingrediants, roll into balls and refridgerate.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 116 Calories; 8g Fat (56.8% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 14mg Cholesterol; 81mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.

Peanut Butter Custard Pie (no crust)

1/2 c peanut butter
    16 oz. cold water -- (2 c)
    1 package vanilla or chocolate pudding, sugar free INSTANT–

In a mixer bowl combine 2 scoops vanilla protein powder and peanut butter. Mix just till crumbly. Drop crumbly mixture into an 11 X 7 Pyrex (or other) casserole dish (do NOT squish the mixture!)

Using same mixing bowl and beaters, combine cold water, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder and vanilla Sugar Free pudding mix. Beat until pudding thickens (same instructions as on box) and scoop it on top of the peanut butter crumblies!

Refrigerate for about an hour and serve.

Makes about 6-8 servings
    Full Batch:
    1,160 cals; 1900 mg sodium; 18g sugar; 66g fat; 64g carbs; 78g protein

6 Servings:
    Per Serving: 201 Calories; 12g Fat (51.2% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 136mg Sodium.

8 Servings:
    Per Serving: 151 Calories; 9g Fat (51.2% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 102mg Sodium.

Did I read that correctly that serving size for the peanut butter balls are 36? Or is that the amount it makes?
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit and a 100g container of Yoplait source yogurt mixed up in the magic bullet is just like ice cream. YUMM!
  • TS65
    Options
    Sorry, my bad... 36 servings.
  • BigCountry00
    Options
    LOL, it's ok. I just saw that and my eyes got really big and I got excited. LOL
  • TS65
    Options
    LOL, you wouldn't be if you ate 36. 1 or 2 of these is pretty filling - you'd be puking your guts out if you ate the whole thing. :laugh:
  • melbtrfly7
    melbtrfly7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Frozen peanut butter cups

1/3 cup peanut butter
    1 1/5 cups fat free cool whip

blend well. scoop mix into mini lined muffin pan. Top with a drip of chocolate syrup. place in freezer for 2 hours. YUMMY!!!!
  • melbtrfly7
    melbtrfly7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i will have to look up nutr facts when I get home but Im thinking one frozen peanut butter cup is only 80 cal
  • elitejrb
    Options
    Wow! That all sounds really good. I think My wife and I are going to try the frozen PB cups this weekend. And then try some PB balls. Thanks for sharing with me.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • elitejrb
    Options
    I can't have artificial sweetener as I am allergic to them, so it was really hard for me to find a low-cal snack - that was until I "found" the Symply Too Good To Be True recipe books by Annette Sym - they are published in Australia but available online - there are so many yummy low-cal meals and snacks in them that now I just make up batches of cakes and cookies and desserts and freeze them, so when the I get an attack of the munchies I take one from the freezer and make myself wait until it is thawed before I eat it - that way I savour every little crumb. And each recipe lists the complete nutritional breakdown, so easy

That being said I find I don't really crave chocolate after 6 weeks without it - my biggest weakness was Pepsi and we went out for dinner the other night and I had one drink of Pepsi and didn't want anymore - where in the past I would have had possibly 3-4 cups of the poison.

Good luck with your BAD cravings :flowerforyou:

I will have to check out the cookbook... I used to gauge my waitress/waiters tip on how well they kept up with my drinks. I could easily drink 6-8 glasses of raspberry tea, or lemonaide. No wonder I WAS 320lbs.... Now I drink water :)
  • patriciafrance
    patriciafrance Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely a great idea!!!!!