2»

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Completed day four of the 30 day shred!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Ok, a few more NSV's this week. My boss' Mother In Law (whom I haven't seen in about 3-4 months) didn't recognize me when she saw me lastnight!!!

Went to put my Tux on lastnight, (I am a DJ for a wedding company- and we also produce bridal shows) and had to do the show with no Tux jacket. I looked at myself in the mirror, and realized it looked like a tent!!! So took it off, and now need to bring it to the Cleaners to see if she can alter it for me.

And last, it's been about 2 weeks since I used Afrin (which I had been religiously using everyday...for......5-6 years!!!)
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    I have two pairs of gap size 4 jeans that are starting to fall off. What is up with that?
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    My NSV....

I actually got an "elevator look" (the good kind) twice yesterday from two different colleagues.

I coulda kissed them!
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    My goodness, unless you are only five feet tall....a size 4 jeans is small enough...are you sure you need to lose more weight?
    Size 4 is incredibly small.....
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I just do not understand clothes shopping anymore. Where I used to know exactly what would suit me and what not, now I just don't know what to pick off the racks anymore. My old style of outfits looks silly on me now.
    Now that I read this back, it's only partly an NSV - it's kinda annoying really.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Ran 5km for my first time ever this week :flowerforyou:
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    2 years ago, I bought a pair of jeans... they were super snug on me, but I could button them up, so I decided to hold on to them as motivation to lose a couple pounds. Fast forward to January of 2011 and I was wearing almost 2 pant sizes bigger than those jeans, which I had tucked in the back of my closet with the tags still on them. A couple weeks ago I pulled them out to see if they fit, and sure enough, they fit perfect... no snugness, no muffin top. Tags are off now!

Hopefully someday it will be that elusive pair of "skinny jeans" that I've been holding onto since I was 19. :tongue:
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    My NSV....

I actually got an "elevator look" (the good kind) twice yesterday from two different colleagues.

I coulda kissed them!

I would of kissed them
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Figured I'd resurect my own thread.....a few more of my recent NSV's:

My wedding band now has 2!!! bandaids wrapped around it so that it doesn't go flying off my finger.

I finally went through my wardrobe, and between 2 of my friends, I gave them 6 jeans, 8 shorts, 6 khakis/dress pants, and 2 dress shirts. Of course this means I need to go shopping!!!!!

I improved in every category of my Insanity Fit Test!!!

I have lost a total of 3" in my neck, 2" in my chest, and 1" in my waist. I'm sure those numbers would be alot bigger had I measured from January 3rd (not 2 weeks ago when I started Insanity), but hey, I'll take it!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! That's a lot of changes!!
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    A big NSV for me is that I am having to reset my mini goals on one of the challenges. I am losing faster than what I anticipated. To everyone that has posted on this thread AWESOME,AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!! Keep up the great work.
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    MY NSV for this week is that I went shopping with my sister today and fit into a size 16 pant and was wearing 22w.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Ok, ok, ok....so its an SV....but I don't care. I am under 238 (my lowest adult weight that I can remember). I weighed in this morning and I am at 237.1!!!!!! I look heavier than I did the last time at this weight (I was weight training 3 days a week, 2-3 hours a day...so I was a leaner 238....but I don't care!!!!!)

I almost forgot- I did have an NSV lastnight. I bought new board shorts (from MMA Elite) really nice- all white with crazy big skulls on them. I bought a Large (36-38), figuring I wear a 36 jean, should be ok....got home tried them on, and it looks as though I need to take a trip back to Walmart and buy myself a.....MEDIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! (32-34)...wait did I just say MEDIUM??????? Oh that's right!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    LOVE your list!

Mine includes:

Buying new bras (good and bad to that)
    Fitting into single digit sized pants
    Being able to work out longer/harder than my friend who is 10 years younger than me
    Making healthy food choices automatically, without trauma or drama
    Buying cute work out clothes
    Upper arm definition
    Almost flat tummy
    More energy
    Better sex

I so agree with the better sex part!
  • amydanell
    amydanell Posts: 25
    Options
    LOVE your list!

Mine includes:

Buying new bras (good and bad to that)
    Fitting into single digit sized pants
    Being able to work out longer/harder than my friend who is 10 years younger than me
    Making healthy food choices automatically, without trauma or drama
    Buying cute work out clothes
    Upper arm definition
    Almost flat tummy
    More energy
    Better sex

Absolutely LOVE your list!!!!
  • amydanell
    amydanell Posts: 25
    Options
    MY NSV for this week is that I went shopping with my sister today and fit into a size 16 pant and was wearing 22w.

Amazing!!!
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    A reserection of my old thread. I copied all of my NSV's and put them in one post (I wanted to see them together to see what impact it would have on me....I am proud of what I have accomplished. Plus, there are a few updates to some of the NSV's.

1. (Update!!!) Going from a size 40 to a 34 waist pant. (Haven't worn 34 since...MIDDLE SCHOOL!?!?!?!?!?!?)
    2. (Update!!!) Having to put 4 more notches in my belt (Still refuse to buy a new belt!!!)
    3. Fitting so much better into my clothes (because they don't have to go over the big belly anymore)
    4. Being able to work out without keeling over (And the fact that I am now doing Insanity- 3 1/2 more weeks!!!)
    5.No longer fitting into my UFC zippered hoodie because it looks like I'm wearing a tent!! (although I'm real upset about this one- I LOVE THAT JACKET!!!) (Update!!!) So I gave my Dad my UFC jacket (it was hard to part with it...I really want to order a new one!!!)
    6. A friend of mine gave me 2 bags of clothes when he lost all his weight. I fit into most of the clothes, however there were 2 button down shirts that looked great, however were too tight to wear. I hung them in the closet and vowed that I would wear them someday. Well I finally drug one out of the closet lastnight...and it fits!!! Although, it is now almost too big So it looks as though I may be paying it forward and redonating these clothes to someone else!!!
    7. A fellow employee came back from an extended vacation (over 2 months), and he said to his wife "Did you see Mike? He slimmed down." Her reply...."Where is he? I didn't see him." And when he pointed me out.."I would never have recognized him!!!" So cool!!!
    8. My boss' Mother In Law (whom I haven't seen in about 3-4 months) didn't recognize me when she saw me lastnight!!!
    9. (UPDATE!!!) Went to put my Tux jacket on, (I am a DJ for a wedding company- and we also produce bridal shows) and had to do the show with no Tux jacket. I looked at myself in the mirror, and realized it looked like a tent!!! So took it off, and now need to bring it to the Cleaners to see if she can alter it for me. My pants are at the tightest adjustment, and are now loose. I NEED A NEW TUX!!!!
    10. It's been about 5 weeks since I used Afrin (which I had been religiously using everyday...for......5-6 years!!!)
    My wedding band now has 2!!! bandaids wrapped around it so that it doesn't go flying off my finger.
    11. I finally went through my wardrobe, and between 2 of my friends, I gave them 6 jeans, 8 shorts, 6 khakis/dress pants, and 2 dress shirts. Of course this means I need to go shopping!!!!!
    12.(Update!!!) I improved in every category of my Insanity Fit Test!!! 3rd Fit Test- improved every category again!!!
    13. I have lost a total of 3" in my neck, 2" in my chest, and 1" in my waist. I'm sure those numbers would be alot bigger had I measured from January 3rd (not 2 weeks ago when I started Insanity), but hey, I'll take it!
    14. I bought new board shorts (from MMA Elite) really nice- all white with crazy big skulls on them. I bought a Large (36-38), figuring I wear a 36 jean, should be ok....got home tried them on, and it looks as though I need to take a trip back to Walmart and buy myself a.....MEDIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! (32-34)...wait did I just say MEDIUM??????? Oh that's right!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So come on....post up!!! I want to hear your NSV's!!!! I find them very inspirational!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!