Kind of a weird question

Options
So I am not really a milk drinker but I like milk on my cereal. The thing is that I just like it to make it not so crunchy. I always leave most of the milk in the bowl when I am done. Does anyone else do this and do you count the amount of milk you poured on or only what you actually ate?

I have been measuring out my amount on my cereal and I have counted all of it towards calories but I am wondering if I really need to being that most of it is left in the bowl at the end.

Replies

• ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt count what you have not consumed. measure it again at the end and then you will know for sure.
  • afewmilesofnight
    Options
    i do the same thing! i usually log about half of what i pour. it seems the most fair to me. it weirds me out when people drink the rest of the milk left in the bowl, yuck!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing!! I can't drink milk unless it's ICE COLD, and I don't like it with little cereal particles floating into it. I generally pour a half cup into a bowl of cereal and half of it soaks in, so I just log it as 2oz or 1/4 cup of milk. I count all the cereal calories, just to be on the safe side.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    measure it again after you're finished and then update you diary...I've done that with chicken before..no need to write it in the checkbook if you didnt spend the money :)
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I too leave milk in the bottom of the bowl. When the cereal is done, I am done. I pour 3/4 C in but only log 1/2 C.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    How can you people not drink the milk? It's delicious!
  • Selaen
    Selaen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In comes the weirdo;

the milk at the bottom of the bowl creeps my out so much (and I HATE when cereal goes soggy!) that I now use water. Yup.

If I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I'll make my cereal with yoghurt.. Yum!
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cereal milk! But yeah I'd deduct them cals if I was you
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Have you tried soya milk on cereal? It has a different taste so don't think of it as a milk substitute, think of it as an alternative way of having cereal. It's a lot lower in calories and the fats are the better kind.

Just a thought.
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't like a lot of milk on my cereal either so now I just pour on 2 oz. Rarely is there any left at the bottom of the bowl.
  • Postergirl82
    Options
    In comes the weirdo;

the milk at the bottom of the bowl creeps my out so much (and I HATE when cereal goes soggy!) that I now use water. Yup.

If I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I'll make my cereal with yoghurt.. Yum!

I am a weirdo too, don't feel bad. I don't like milk because of the texture it is not because of the taste. For the same reason I won't eat seafood of any kind, cottage cheese, ground turkey, and I can only do chicken on select days.
  • mfp_1
    Options
    I can only do chicken on select days.

Only hen nights, I suppose?
  • Postergirl82
    Options
    I can only do chicken on select days.

Only hen nights, I suppose?

Only on nights when my husband cooks it or someone else does. Me touching raw chicken equals no way in hell that I am eating it later!
  • mfp_1
    Options
    The term 'hen night' was meant as a joke. I didn't realise but it's a regional term:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_night

Americans call it a bachelorette party. That's probably why nobody laughed. Sigh...