Green Tea

Options
Hi guys!!!

I'm just wondering if anyone else drinks green tea and connects weight loss to it??
I have been drinking about 4 cups of green tea every day now for about two years and I
completely believe that green tea has helped me to keep weight off.
I have always been a big girl since I was small, but now finally I feel that I am at a normal
weight. I have also cut out salt and fizzy drinks too (with the occasional diet one!).
I don't only eat healthy foods, I eat chocolate / crisps every day.

Try drinking green tea for a while and see how you get on. If you don't like the taste of
green tea, you may need to suck it up and get used to it, its worth it in the long run!!!!!

*** However, I have read somewhere that drinking too much green tea is bad for you (just like everything!), so just be careful
with your intake!! :)

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Green tea is great for you and is connected to weight loss (or so I've read). There's a lot online about green tea. Buy the loose leaf kind if you can. :)
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    This has actually worked for me too, I switched from coffee in the morning to green tea & hot water and I was amazed at how much faster I was losing weight. Just switching from coffee to tea made a big difference, I think due to their being more antioxidants in tea. I used to drink my coffee black & and I drink tea without cream or sugar so I didn't think it would actually make a difference but it does! I have heard though that too much is bad for you but that should can be said with most things!
  • nickeb82
    nickeb82 Posts: 10
    Options
    I take the green tea supplements instead, Im a very busy body and cant always sit around and drink tea but I agree, I think it definitely helps!
  • hayleynibhriain
    Options
    The loose leaf?? Cool, I'v never had that variety!! Is it better than the green tea bags?
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    I've read that it helps with your metabolism.
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    I drink a lot of green tea I get the green tea to go packs and put it in a bottle of water. IDT that it has really helped me?!? I do find myself craving it though...its better than craving a coke and that is what I was drinking..A LOT! The lipton premix diet citrus green tea has a lot of sodium in it so if you are going to drink it buy the packets and put it in a bottle of water. I reuse my bottles too! There are a lot of different flavors there was a cranberry apple that I really liked but they dont carry it around here anymore :sad: but I think citrus is my fav...Congrats on your weight loss...KEEP IT UP! Thats so awesome!
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Rumour has it that 3 cups of green tea a day speed your metabolism by 80 cals/day.
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    There is a place in Canada called "Teaopia" that sells all kinds of different teas. They have this thing called a teamaster that diffuses the tea after you brew it so that you don't have the leaves in your cup. It's pretty handy. That place also has so many different types of green tea, with different flavours like jasmine, camomile, orange, etc added to give the tea an interesting flavour. I didn't check to see if you are in the US but I would figure that you would have similar stores there as well. Check it out!
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's great that so many people have had a good experience with it! I drink a cup of hot green tea every day at work. Gives me a slight caffeine boost with none of the calories of coffee/creamer. And I've noticed that it curbs my appetite. I'd love to drink more of this during the day.

Helpful hint for those that don't like the taste (it is acquired): Celestial Seasonings makes a really yummy green tea variety with a splash of raspberry flavor. Takes the "bite" out of the green tea.
  • hayleynibhriain
    Options
    Wow!! Great feed back thanks guys! :flowerforyou:

I'm in Ireland so we don't quite have all of those exotic tea places that ye are talking about, defo worth investigating though!
    Whenever I'm in college I smuggle my own tea bags and fill up with hot water from the restaurants! hahahahha!! :laugh:

Is there anyone from Ireland out there that can tell me how to get the Lipton Iced Tea in a can?? When I was living in Cyprus I used to drink it all the time but I can't find it in Ireland now!! :sad: Might write them a letter and ask from some to be posted over!
  • shelly067
    shelly067 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have a friend who swears by Green Tea- I havent' added it to my daily regiment but am planning on doing it next time I am at the grocery store.

Thanks for the post! and everyone's input ;-) It has surely made up my mind.:flowerforyou:
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    You know it does seem to curb my appetite and im getting my water in daily! Plus my caffiene which I need badly! With 4 kids and a husband with a crazy schedule I need all the helps I can get!