Feeling blue

Options
I feel so depressed today... and really without reason... I want to eat everything in sight. It's either the rain my hormones or just missing my family ( we just moved across the country 90 days ago).... I open the fridge and want to eat everything in sight.....HELP. I had a cookie and I thought well one at 110 cals is ok and I thought it would equal out my serotonin levels but to no avail. I want to cry. I want to eat....:cry:

Replies

• denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I feel so depressed today... and really without reason... I want to eat everything in sight. It's either the rain my hormones or just missing my family ( we just moved across the country 90 days ago).... I open the fridge and want to eat everything in sight.....HELP. I had a cookie and I thought well one at 110 cals is ok and I thought it would equal out my serotonin levels but to no avail. I want to cry. I want to eat....:cry:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    we all have those days I think and we can't explain why. Don't let it send you to the fridge though, that will make you feel worse, cause then you will also start feeling guilty. Guilt and depression blah who needs it.

Can you bring yourself to do some exercise, get those endorphins going? Imagine how proud you will be of yourself when you are done and how good you will feel when you are done because instead of diving into the fridge you worked out. Instead of missing everyone you moved away from think of how stunned they will be when they see the new you. I always try to think about how I will feel after I exercise instead of how I don't want to exercise.
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Eating won't make you feel better ...only worse. Maybe get away for a little while and go see a movie or read a book if it's raining out. Call a friend or call the family you miss. They will help much more than food. Stay out of that kitchen :noway: . You can do it!!
  • denisebee
    Options
    I did an hour of hard cardio this morning, you think that would've done it huh? I think I am going to put my baby to bed ( I say he's a baby he's two :smile: ) and take a shower. Thanks for responding- I don't feel as bad or as lonely. Hopefully that will do the trick..if not put some tape on my mouth. :laugh:
  • allaboutme
    Options
    get out of the shower get all dolled up, and take the baby for a walk (depending on the weather) or go to the mall and wander around. If you wear makeup, etc. make sure you put it on and do you hair. Make yourself pretty :) That always makes me feel better, plus it will keep your hands occupied and who cares if you don't end up going anywhere and you waste the makeup, it will make you feel better.
  • denisebee
    Options
    Thanks for the good advice... I think I will do just that. The baby's down, I'll finish picking the house up, jump in the shower and actually do my hair and makeup dispite the rain and when I pick up my other son from school we'll go out somewhere...I feel better already.:flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    Options
    :wink:
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm so glad you feel better.
    I moved away from my family 6 years ago and I know how hard it can be. If you ever need to talk you can talk to me. :flowerforyou:
  • denisebee
    Options
    I'm so glad you feel better.
    I moved away from my family 6 years ago and I know how hard it can be. If you ever need to talk you can talk to me. :flowerforyou:

Thanks. :flowerforyou: