My first NSV post

Options
I have had a few NSV's since starting MFP in mid-January (now 12 weeks in and 30 pounds down), but I have kept them to myself, because I don't like to brag. I also don't want to discourage my wife and daughter who are also losing weight, but not as fast. However, I do want to verbalize them, as much as a confidence builder to others, as myself. So here goes.

I have seen improvements in my exercise and endurance. Starting out, a 30 minute walk twice a week seemed like Mt. Everest. Now, if I don't get at least 4, 45 minute walks in a week, I feel like a slug. I have even tried a few small jogs. Going out to hit golf balls, and trying to shift around 30 extra pounds of weight was awful. Now I'm getting more distance, and not getting as tired. My sister even commented last week, after not seeing me since Christmas, that I was losing weight...I have had only a few people comment so far, so this was exciting.

Lastly, three weeks ago, my wife encouraged me to try a size down set of work slacks. They have been a reminder to me, that at "one time", I was going to lose weight. I could get them on, but I was afraid I would send the button across the room. This morning, with a little self-confidence in myself, I put them on, and they are actually a tiny-bit loose (emphasis on tiny-bit). I'm wearing them to work today for the first time.

It feels good to celebrate the NSV's, and I hope this encourages others to stay the course, and keep losing weight. You can do it!

Replies

• Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for a couple of years and still have no clue what NSV means. Can you tell me. I'm probably going to feel dumb once I know but oh well.
  • aarostoc
    aarostoc Posts: 22
    Options
    It's Non Scale Victory
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    CONGRATS on not sending the button flying across the room! Feels great don't it? I love the little NSV's, those are what keep me going. So keep it up, KEEP KEEPING ON!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    congratulations! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,423 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and that is really sweet of you not to brag in front of your wife and daughter! It always makes me nuts when I'll work so hard for a measly .5 lb. loss and my husband will pop in the kitchen going "hey, I just lost 8 lbs.!" Come brag here whenever you want and here's to more NSV's.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!