Needing some healthy tailgating recipes!!

Options
melbtrfly7
melbtrfly7 Posts: 12 Member
any really good healthy tailgating snack recipes out there that you must share??? Im needing some ideas! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    Bump
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Hungry Girl" cocktails and cocktail party foods book. Super simple recipes and 100% of them have been a "hit" so far. Plus .... if you are a chocolate/coconut lover like I am, there's a recipe in there for an amazing Mounds Martini. Yummo!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    what's tailgating?
  • sunnny218
    sunnny218 Posts: 16
    Options
    We make a healthy version of hot wings that are always a hit. Its prepared ahead of time then heated up. I take chicken breast and cut it in strips or chunks. Sautee in a pan and add hot sauce garlic or pepper (however you like it). I then wrap it in a tin foil pouch so I can bring it and toss it on the grill to re heat at the tailgate. A little fat free ranch to dip and celery and you're good to go! You still get the hot sauce like wings without all that deep fried fat or gross chicken skin!
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Layered Taco Dip

* Fat free refried beans (1 can)
    *Fat free sour cream (8 ounce)
    *Fat free cream cheese - softened (4 oz)
    *low sodium taco seasoning
    *fat free shredded cheese (2 cups)
    *lettuce - tomato - green onion - etc to top

Spread your beans in the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Mix your Sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning together (I normally do this first thing, to give it time to blend well) Spread this mixture over the top of the beans. Cover that with the cheese. Now, you can either bake this at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes or you can serve it cold. Either way is yummy! Then top with veggies.
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I made taco dip out of Tofutti "better than cream cheese" - it was great and now one knew there was tofu in it. I put a tiny bit of plain greek yogurt in for the "sour cream". While fat free items are low in calories, they have a lot of chemicals in them.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you like meatballs as a tailgating food, Gina's Skinny Recipes has lots of good meatball recipes (that you can make bite-size, of course). I think she's also got an App section you could pull from. I've make both the Greek Turkey Meatballs and the Asian Meatballs... both my husband (and 3 yo!) loved.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    what's tailgating?
    It's like a party in the parking lot before a big game... here's the Wiki info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailgating
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Grill some jumbo shrimp and serve it with Frank's red hot sauce.

It's a very healthy alternative to hot wings, but it comes of as gourmet rather than lite.
  • melbtrfly7
    Options
    Its a gathering before any type of sporting event. Basically you just hang out in the parking lot at the event location....eat..drink..chat with friends ect
  • melbtrfly7
    Options
    yum..thanks!
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    what's tailgating?

One of my favorite fall hobbies in Louisiana -> Go Tigers!!! Unfortunately, also a time for gaining lbs :drinker:
    so keep posting some healthy tailgating ideas!
    thanks!
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    bump
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    what is bump??
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bean dip!!!! This is my fav bean dip recipe... meant to be served hot but it's supposedly good cold too

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Layered-Bean-Dip/Detail.aspx

you can do pasta salad, hummus and veggies, turkey burgers.. there's a low cal version of buffalo chicken dip on the recipe boards here somewhere... so many possibilities. i love tailgating! have fun!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I have not tried this YET, but here's a Cheese Ball recipe from my WW cookbook that sounds really good!

3/4 cup shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
    3/4 cup no-salt-added, reduced-fat (2%) cottage cheese
    1 T Dijon mustard
    1/8 tsp cayenne
    1 (8 oz) package fat-free cream cheese, cut into quarters, at room temperature
    1 (.9-oz) pkg dry vegetable soup/recipe mix
    1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

In food processor, pulse the cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, mustard and cayenne until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and soup mix; process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Scrape with spatula onto a large sheet of plastic wrap.

Wrap the plastic around the cheese mixture and shape it into a 4-inch ball or 7-inch long log with your hands. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.

Just before serving, sprinkle about half the parsley in a circle onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Unwrap the cheese ball/log and place on the parsely. Sprinkle remaining parsley on top and press to help the leaves adhere. Carefully roll any uncoated areas in the loose parsley and smooth the shape, if needed. Place on a serving plate and surround with cut-up veggies of your choice.

Makes 16 servings
    Per serving (2 T): 42 cals, 1 g fat, 219 mg sod, 2 g carb, 0 g fiber, 5 g protein.
    Points Value: 1
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love taking cut up fruit and veggies. Hummus is a good replacement for those fatting dips. Turkey brats and burgers are great to grill, and I think they taste better when cooked on the grill. If you must have chips (which I know is hard to avoid) baked varieties are a better option, and I think they taste just as good as non-baked.