Newbie :)

Options
Hello all!

I recently started using MyFitnessPal on my fancy new iphone. Its been super easy so far, and I hope that trend continues. I've used all sorts of diet programs in the past, but I've always ended up gaining the weight back. This time, I want to lose the weight and keep it off - not just for me - but for my future children. My husband and I want to start trying next year, so I'd like to get to a healthy weight before trying for children.

When I started this plan, I was at 192 (started last Friday - the 15th) and since I can't help myself and weigh myself every morning, I was at 190.5 this morning. So we'll have to see if this keeps going through Friday, but I'm very hopeful and excited. I've been on this plateau for forever (I stay between 190 and 193) on a bazillion different plans and I'm hoping this one does the trick. I want to see the 180s on Friday!! I will be so happy!

I'm certainly up for friending or however it works here - I know it helps to have friends on the plan.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and find some new weight loss buddies!

Talk to you soon!

Laura :smile:

Replies

• adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats. Good luck and feel free to friend me.
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've been on here for about a week and a half and have lost 3 pounds. I love how this site calculates everything for you and also enjoy the support you get from other members.
  • mememe84
    mememe84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome i've always been heavy and i only went and put more on when i had my baby 9 months ago thats the reason i am doing this feel free to become my friend and we can share the journey together i wish you luck x
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, welcome and good luck- feel free to friend me.
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Im a newbie too!
    And now Im going to check out the app on my iPhone! Didnt know there was one!
  • kellybug123
    kellybug123 Posts: 240
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I've been on this site a little over two weeks and have lost 3 pounds so far. My sister signed up and encouraged me to sign up also. Love this site. I mostly use it on my Blackberry, it's so handy. Good Luck to everyone! :)
  • Auburngirl73
    Options
    Hello I am new to this site also. Please feel free to friend me.
  • LosinMama2b
    Options
    I love the app...its seriously the best thing that ever happened to me. It was half the reason why my other logging type weight loss plans never worked! I would forget to log things or write them down on something and then it was all over. Now I have no excuse because its right there next to me all the time.

Laura :smile:
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura - good luck in your journey, you are in the right place. There are no strangers on MFP only friends who haven't met yet.
    Jacqueline