How to log workout videos

Options
So I just got the workout video "walk at home"
How would I log something like this into my exercise journal??
Thanks!

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    In my case I purcahsed my HRM and create my exercise and log it in that way.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Until you get a HRM, log it as walking.
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    My walking video tells me how far I have walked. Say I walked 1.5 miles in 20 minutes. If I had gone 60 minutes, I would have walked 4.5 miles, so I log it in as walking, 4.5 mph for 20 min.

BTW, I love my walking video (Prevention Fitness).
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    Hello!
    I try googling the dvd. If that doesn't work guess-a-mate with this website . http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm
    I workout through Exercise Tv on Demand and none of them are calculated here.
    Good Luck!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I log it as walking 4mph or low impact aerobics becasue you do other moves whilst walking
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thanks I never thought of that, it does have a 1-5 mile table of contents. You can do it in steps or all 5 miles at once ....
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine wore her HRM doing the "Walk at Home" and from what MFP has for "low impact aerobics" is pretty close to what her HRM said. If you do some research, you will find that you will burn around 100 calories per mile.
  • prencesskl
    prencesskl Posts: 123
    Options
    It sounds like you have leslie nelson walk at home. If you have the 5 mile one, it's 5 miles an hour which is walk 5.0. That's how I do it : )
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    thanks yes I just got leslie sansone's walk at home dvd - a few people on here recommended it so I thought I'd try it out!
  • yvonnewilke
    yvonnewilke Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What is HRM ??
  • myminime
    myminime Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, one of the things that I did to find out exactly how many calories I was burning, was to purchase an all in-one watch to track my exercise and calories burned. There are several on the market. I found mine at Best Buy. But I am sure that any sports store, Target or Walmart would carry the same thing. Congratulations on starting your program.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    What is HRM ??

Heart rate monitor.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I have her 5 mile walk, and I just log it as a 4MPH walk. I guess technically math would tell you its 5MPH, but I also have a HRM and the 4MPH here on MFP matched closer. lol I'd also rather under estimate than over in case I decide to eat them back.