stomach pains.......

Options
So all week I have been having these awful pains in my stomach every day around 5-6 pm. It is a cramping, twisting pain in my upper abdomen. I thought it might be the new medicine I was taking so I stopped taking it. The pains went away for two days, Sun and Mon.....well, I got the stomach ache again last night! I did not take the medicine today so I tried to think of what I haven't done the past two days that differ from yesterday.........

Carrots.....really, carrots? but I love carrots? I have been eating a ton but didn't eat any on Sunday and forgot them on Monday..... Hmmmm. So I run it by my hubby who laughs at me and says, "healthy foods wont give you a stomach ache. thats ...ridiculous". So then I decide to do a little Google research and come to find out sure enough, I WAS RIGHT! Raw carrots are hard for the body to digest and are like sand paper to some people who don't have all the acids to break them down causing stomach pains! Ah ha! I don't have a bile producing Gallbladder!! So there, I solved the mystery and now know what is causing my pains!

So just wondering.....Does anyone else have pains or other issues with eating raw veggies?

Replies

• SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I get cramps a lot but dont really eat much carrots. Its interesting how they would cause them though!
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A few wks back I was eating raw carrots just about every week day as my afternoon snack & was having awful stomach pains & gas - similar to when I eat too much wheat or fiber. I stopped eating carrots & the pain went away immediately.