Military wives unite. :)

Options

Replies

• ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Jacksonville, NC! My name is Amber and I have been married for 6 years to my husband who is a US Marine. He deployed to Afghanistan not even a month ago so I decided to kick it up a notch and really get started on being the healthiest I can be while he's gone. I have about 7 months until he returns and I really want him to see a huge difference, but even more importantly I want to FEEL a huge difference in my own confidence!
    We have an amazing 3 year old together and I had gained 58lbs during the pregnancy. I went 2 weeks past my due date and ended up having a C-section when everything was said and done. I was left with stretch marks and some saggy belly skin. Luckily I was able to lose a big portion of the pregnancy weight only 4 months or so after delivery. However the last 15 - 20ish lbs really didn't want to go anywhere and I am finally just tired of making excuses and feeling bad about myself. I want to be able to wear a bikini again LOL stretch marks and all, bc hey, I might as well wear them as a badge of honor!
    I also want to start running 5k's and making good times on them. My first 5k was last summer and I wasn't able to run the whole thing (had to stop and walk several times) so i was very disapointed in that. I also want to lower my body fat percentage down to 17-19% and bring my weight down to 130-135lbs. I'm not sure on my weight right now (I weigh in this coming Monday) but I have fluctuated around 150 - 155 for the past couple months (maybe even more since I really ate badly right before the Hubby left).
    Anyways, I see I have almost written a novel here, so I'll stop blabbering and just say GOODLUCK TO US ALL!! KEEP FAITH IN YOURSELF! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
  • jeananndawson
    Options
    Good morning! My name is Jeanann I have been married to my soldier for 14 years. He has been in for 16 years. We meet right after he enlisted. It has been an adventure, wouldn't change it! We are currently stationed at Ft. Bragg this is our 2nd tour here. I just joined this site this week and really like the support and getting to know people going through the same things. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Rwhite123085
    Options
    Hi I'm Renda I'm 25 years old. my husband is in the Navy. we have been married five years. I'm trying to lose the weight to make myself healthier and have more energy for my three growing boys. My goal is to lose a pound a week but hopefully more. My working out is going slowly b/c I had a clot in my lung a year ago and major cardio still hurts. So looking into get a stationary bike and ride everywhere on mine this summer. We r stationed in Great lakes, il for instructor duty just transferred here from Bremerton, washington.
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just Checking in on everyone, hope your all doing good!
  • Love_bug
    Love_bug Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm active duty Navy and engaged to another active duty Navy, although he is kind of off the map, since he's in special ops. He hasn't been deployed yet, he just got his orders to go spec-ops and is in training, but the idea of him deploying that way, good lord I'm going to have an ulcer before he leaves. I'm trying to control my "eat-my-feelings" compulsions lol. We're about to move around a lot for the next year for various training, mine is really in depth too. I'm trying so hard to do 2 things: be able to pass my fitness tests with way better scores than last time, and to make his jaw hit the ground when he sees me again after not seeing each other for weeks. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when he deploys, or when I do. *Sigh*

How do you deal with the stress and worry without compulsive eating as an outlet? LOL.

I've been on MFP before, and I've lost quite a bit of weight. I stopped using MFP for about 2 years and I gained back about 5-10 lbs after losing 65, so I don't think that's too bad. I'm not really concerned about the scale, or even total calories, I'm more worried about my state of mind, me feeling better, stress reduction, etc. So really I'm using this as an accountability to go to the gym, not as much for food.
  • goodme02
    goodme02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 23 years old and have married to my wonderful husband for 1 year and 4 months. The hubby is an Air Force veteran, and is still a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force Reserve. I lost 20 pound before our wedding, and then after getting married, gained 30 back! So, I want to lost all of that extra marriage poundage and get back to my wedding weight of 135!
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Navy wife. Started out skinny then we started living overseas, had kids, and 8 years later we're back in the states with added weight. Yikes. We've been married for almost 9 years. It's been a crazy ride to where I can finally feel comfortable and strong enough to commit to losing weight. Being a military wife can be stressful especially when the hubby has been gone half our marriage broken up throughout the years. We are one of a kind I believe. Anyway please add me as your friend. It would be nice to have some military wives as buddies.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am in the military and I am a wife. Does that count? I have been in the Navy for 5 1/2 years and have been married for almost 5 years. I have 2 kids and I am currently stationed in Japan. (Of course I would be station here when the worst earthquake in the world happens) We are ok though. Nice to meet you all.
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm also a military wife. My wonderful husband of just over 5 years is a SSgt. in the USAF. I'm prior active duty myself, it's how we met. I was 180 lbs when we met (about 15lbs over healthy, but a lot of it was muscle. I was maintenance and worked on the aircraft). After we got married, I separated when my time was up and over the past 4 years have packed on 70 lbs. I'm working on losing all of it plus some, since I don't have that nice muscle tone anymore. We are currently stationed in Alaska.
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am an Army wife, and although I am American, my husband is a captain (psychiatrist) in the Greek army. We have lived all over Greece due to his assignments, and are waiting for news of the next transfer. I am 41 years old, and had been gaining weight steadily over the past 15 years or so...it took a turn for the worse after I moved to Greece 9 years ago - a combination of depression and homesickness. All these years I knew I was way too fat and I just accepted it... I decided I wanted to change and be healthier (hey, not getting any younger) and in March 2010 started counting calories and actively trying to lose weight. I've lost 45 kilos (99 pounds) since then. I started MFP in August 2010 and it has been a helpful resource in my journey. Wish I had seen this thread sooner. =) Nice to meet you all!
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Beth my hubby is in the British army and just gone to afghan for 6 months :( this is the time I usually sit at home with my friends to keep me company Ben and jerry lol. My hubby always comes home looking ripped and I've usually gained about 7lbs, so im going to change things this time and he'll get a hot wife welcoming him home! Yippee! Good luck everyone and feel free to add me as a friend all helpful hints and tips most gratefully received :D
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My husband is in the AF and we are getting ready to move from Annapolis, MD to Fairfield, CA....any advice much appreciated. This move has me stressed. My husband joined the AF later in life and loves it. Says it is a wonderful career. He is in anesthesia and was just accepted for a doctorate program which will add a little more stress after the move. Yippeee. After we move he will be deployed for 6 months.
  • alana926
    alana926 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi My name is Courtney amd i'm a military wife also, My husband is in the Navy and we been married for 2 years and have a lil girl that will 3 next month. We currently stationed in Maryland. My weight loss journey started a few years ago when i was 212 lb i had lost a lil over 30lbs but then i got pregnant and gaind back 20. I stuggle for a while trying to lost those 20lbs. and then last year as we were moving i lost my brother to a car accident and i packed on more weight whic got me at my heaviest of 242lb i managed to lose 8lbs but got stuck in a rut, i have tried weight watchers and other other diets. So one day last week it just clicked in my head that i can't diet anymore, i have to change my eating habits and learn portion control. so far about a weekinto this i have lost 2lbs and i don't feel like im straving or i want to give up, sometimes i can't wait to get home to logg in my excerise or my food intake. My husband even joined and he down 7lbs. thanks you for creating this topic. I wish everyone good luck on their weight loss journey feel free to add me
  • kymbirleigh
    kymbirleigh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a fairly newly married military wife. Thankfully, we will be staying in our hometown for good now. He's a First Lieutenant in the Army, but he's on his way to medical retirement. The army destroyed both his knees... At 32 years old he already needs knee replacements in both knees, but no one will touch it because he is so young and knee replacements don't last but 10-15 years. Before we met I had lost 15 lbs, and after dating I lost another 15 lbs.

However, my weight loss is currently on hold! I had promised him that once we were engaged I would drop my birth control. Well, four months later after talking to a friend she told me I needed to take a pregnancy test....and it was positive! Thank goodness I maintained the same weight for the first trimester! That got me through the wedding without a fear of the gown fitting! So now we've got 10 weeks to go, and I'm pretty close to carrying all that weight I lost around again... Thankfully, it's all baby and in my belly area, my arms and legs have stayed trim, so I'm hoping the weight loss won't be too rough. I try and do a prenatal pilates and prenatal yoga a few times a week to help stay flexible and relieve some of the aches and pains!

I'll be glad when she makes her debut so we can all start taking walks together to get back in shape. He's struggling with his weight because his knees make it really hard for him to exercise on a consistent basis.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My husband is in the AF and we are getting ready to move from Annapolis, MD to Fairfield, CA....any advice much appreciated. This move has me stressed. My husband joined the AF later in life and loves it. Says it is a wonderful career. He is in anesthesia and was just accepted for a doctorate program which will add a little more stress after the move. Yippeee. After we move he will be deployed for 6 months.

You will LOVE Travis AFB!! It is near my hometown of Santa Clara, CA...well sort of :). You are close to San Francisco (about an hour) and not far from Lake Tahoe (about 2 hours). The base itself is huge, with a fully functioning hospital. If we have to go back to CA I so want to go to Travis :)
  • SeabeeWifeLosingIt
    Options
    New Here!!! My name is Jessica! We're Navy Seabees stationed in Gulfport, MS!
    I'm here to lose the rest of my baby weight! ;) 28 lbs to go!!! I find that I quickly drop weight when hubby is deployed but we have over a year before that happens again and I can't wait that long! Can't wait to get to know ya'll!
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    My husband is a retired Marine and now is a police officer. :) Ooorah!!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! IMy name is Susan Jackson and I am 44 years old and have been married to my Texas Army National Guard husband for 22 years. I have three grown kids ( first two from first marriage). My oldest son is also in the National Guard and my youngest son is in the Army, stationed in Ft. Bragg, NC. My husband has been deployed and is now serving as NCOIC for the Unit that is currently deployed on rear detachment. My oldest son has been deployed and my youngest has gone and is getting ready to go back in June. So here comes the stress again!!

I have lost 12 pounds in about 40 days and trying to lose around 50. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Its great to have other military wives and (military moms) for support.
  • Bullitt4424
    Options
    God Bless All Military spouses.
    I have often thought how my wife’s staying behind was harder than me being deployed.
    Plus I married a saint... Anyone who could put up with me for 25 years must be a saint or completely crazy! Especially with a remote tour to Korea, 5 tours in combat zones, numerous other non-combat deployments and at least a dozen military schools to attend. Heck she even went through back surgery alone with a 10 year old son at home.
    Well, in January I will retire; hang up the uniform for the last time and become her spouse for the next 25+ years!
    So a Sharp salute to all those that serve at home so we can serve our country.
    Mike
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Wishing you and your families a Blessed Easter.
    May the day bring you joy & peace.

Prayers being uplifted for our service members serving away from their families.