Staying below sugar???

Options
How do you stay below sugar recommended if fruits have so much sugar! I am always over my sugar :(.

Replies

• kbrow
    kbrow Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm the same way. Even if I eat nothing processed, I go over on my sugar every day. Also, I am not gorging on fruit. I have two to three servings of fruit a day, and some sugary vegetables such as carrots.

I have decided not to worry about it so long as my energy levels are up and I feel good. I know the sugar is easier for the body when it is in fruit form. I have a friend who really has to watch her sugar intake because if she does not she feels awful. I feel amazing when I eat fruit and I am losing weight consistently.

I do try to eat the high sugar/starchy fruits sparingly, such as banana and mango.

Right or wrong, that is the conclusion I have come to. I will likely consult some of my friends who are nutritionists next time I see them, but given all the things that could be worrisome, I've chosen to put this at the bottom of my list.
  • MommaGainer3
    Options

I won't worry as long as it's "good" sugar.

Have a great day!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar. the sugar in fruit is a good sugar though. I have read that eating fruits or other sugars should be done early in your day. Later afternoon even fruit sugars can turn into fat. So i have started to watch more when i am eating them then how much.
  • colorfulblusher
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I've continued to eat fruits even though my sugar intake seems to spike because ot them. I eat 2-3 servings of fruits and try to stick to oranges for the most part.

Good to know that I'm not the only one that has been experiencing this. I also have consistently lost weight despite the sugar, so I will continue eating fruits. The information about evening sugars is interesting...
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I have the same problem, I eat a lot of fruit so a lot comes from that but also since doing mfp I'm noticing how much food I'm eating that has sugar that I wasn't even aware of. One of my goals right now is to try to cut out all sugar except that from fruits and my one yogurt cup a day (I love yogurt I'm not giving it up lol).
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about going over my sugars if the reason is low glycemic fruits like apples. I try to avoid bananas because they actually contain sucrose (like table sugar) and things that contain cane/corn sugar.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I don't count the sugars in fruits, only foods with added sugars.