hungry when I wake up

Options
I eat dinner at around 4 or 5 and when I wake up I am really hungry. My stomach hurts really bad and I feel like I have to throw up. What can I do so I'm not so hungry when I wake up?

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    More Fiber & Protein at dinner. and ot a fiber filled snack before bed with lots of water. Whatever youre eating your body is processing out very quickly so you need to eat foods that take longer to digest if you arent having a snack at night. What time do you typically go to bed & wake up?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry when you wake up that means your body is functioning PROPERLY it also means you did not overeat the night before! So congrats!

If you're having stomach troubles right when you wake up have some saltines or something bland and drink water.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wow, why do you stop eating so early?
    Depending on your schedule/routine I'd have a snack at 7.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Eat a low carb snack a couple hours or so after dinner. That's a long time for your body to go without eating so of course it's starving in the morning that's why it's called break fast. :smile:
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    i agree with Heatherbelle, more fiber and protien good luck :bigsmile:
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I feel that way before i go to bed some nights and I always have an evening snack! I would definitely eat something healthy with some protein a couple hours after dinner, like a string cheese.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    More Fiber & Protein at dinner. and ot a fiber filled snack before bed with lots of water. Whatever youre eating your body is processing out very quickly so you need to eat foods that take longer to digest if you arent having a snack at night. What time do you typically go to bed & wake up?

I usually go to bed around 12 or so and wake up around 8
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I try to keep as busy as I can right after work, run errands, work out, do some laundry even though i'm kinda hungry I usually have had a snack at around 3 and some tea (decaf) then start making supper around 6 and eat at 7 or so...that way I'm not snacking in the evening and I'm not too full when I go to bed between 10 and 11. I wake up hungry but not famished.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Options

That means youre up another 7-8 hours Before Bed without eating! Yikes!! I wouldnt survive. Try a snack around 9 or 10ish
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options

I'm 17 and live with my parents and grandparents. They have always, even when I was younger, made dinner at around 4 or 5 sometimes even before that like 3. I try having them make dinner later but then it goes back to normal a few nights later. I could put it in the fridge I guess and eat it later.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    You should be hungry when you wake up. However, there is nothing wrong with a small snack around 7-8 pm so long as it fits into your daily intake level.
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options

That means youre up another 7-8 hours Before Bed without eating! Yikes!! I wouldnt survive. Try a snack around 9 or 10ish

yeah I'm gonna try a snack. sometimes I eat a string cheese a few hours before bed or some pretzels.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Options

I'm 17 and live with my parents and grandparents. They have always, even when I was younger, made dinner at around 4 or 5 sometimes even before that like 3. I try having them make dinner later but then it goes back to normal a few nights later. I could put it in the fridge I guess and eat it later.

Eating with fmaily is still important if thats routine/traditional. But there's no harm in a healthy snack before bed!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options

YOu can have dinner at 4 or 5. That is fine. That's actually how I grew up as well. But please follow that with a snack later in the evening. I'd pass out if I went that long without eating.
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options

YOu can have dinner at 4 or 5. That is fine. That's actually how I grew up as well. But please follow that with a snack later in the evening. I'd pass out if I went that long without eating.

I'm going to try to eat a snack