It's me-gonna try it again

Options
Hi every body. I really need to lost about 50 lbs to help get my diabetes under control and this site was recommended. Would love to give support as well as receive it! Good luck everybody!
I'm a 37 year old married mother of 2 girls ages 10 and 7. Exercise is real downer for me as I have fibromyalgia and hurt all over most of the time so I really have to force myself to exercise. But my sugar levels are going up and I don't want to be put on more pills when I know if I just eat right and exercise I can control this diabetes. Wish me luck!

Replies

• distant_dreamer
    Options
    good luck on ur journey, have sent u a friend add!!
  • shawnbrewer
    Options
    good luck u can do it u will be so proud when u do
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    Good luck - you can do this!!!!

I am 40, no kids, but have some minor health issues including Fibromyalgia... It is hard, but it's true that exercise is the best thing for it - do low impact (elliptical, walking, swimming, yoga) they aren't as hard on your body and may be easier for you to do. You've come to the right place - everyone here is so supportive, encouraging and understanding. You will find lots of good ideas and recipes on here too - take advantage of the tools - they are so helpful!

I wish you the best and feel free to friend me if you'd like - we all can use all the support we can get!

April
    mitts1970
  • hangelgirl
    hangelgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it. ANY loss is a success :)
  • babybadgers2
    Options
    You CAN DO IT! Exercise is great for helping relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia! I know it may seem counterintuitive, but if you strengthen the muscles, the fatigue less during daily activities. Not only will you help your diabetes get in check, you will gain confidence and strength to fight the fibromyalgia so you can have more play time with our beautiful girls!!!

My husband's aunt was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about six years ago now. Last September she started training once per week with a personal trainer and she SWEARS it has improved her pain levels by at least 75% and shes now in better shape than I am even. She's almost 60, so if she can do it, YOU CAN TOO and we're ALL here to help :happy: :happy:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I was bordelrine type 2 in High School, lost 40 to control it without meds, Im amazed I never contracted gestational diabetes (my sugar levels were some of their most stable EVER then go figure) but when I balooned and didnt have the exscuse of an 8lb 13 oz baby plus amniotic fluid this time I HAD to take control to keep from going so close to type 2 diabetes again.