Super Pump 250

Options
Has anyone tried Super Pump 250? I have some friends who swear by it. I've tried it (and it could just be in my head since I hate taking supplements) but I think it just makes me feel sick come time to work out...

SuperPump 250 Product Label
Superpump 250 Ingredients

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 scoop (20g)
Servins Per Container: 40
Amount Per Servin % Daily Value
Calories 32
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0g
Sodium 180mg 10%
Potassium 90mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 8g 3%
Sugars 0g 0%
Protein 0g 0%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 25mg 1,250%
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 140mcg 2,333%
Folic Acid 420mcg 105%
Magnesium (Phosphate & Oxide) 350mg 90%
Phosphorus 280mg 32%

Replies

• 150is
    150is Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh I love superpump!!! I think it gives me the extra little push I need. I have tried others but I always go back to super pump. Did you try out with just one scoop only?
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I take it sometimes. I switch it up between jack3d and superpump. Can't really tell a difference between the two. As far as making you feel sick, you may be taking too much. My happy spot is 1 1/2 scoops. More than that and I don't feel too well.
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am not surprised you are getting sick. It gives you 12 days worth of B-6 and 23 days worth of B-12. I am surprised that you are not having any other effects of toxicity. While not common even water-soluable vitamins can cause toxicity which can lead to all sorts of health problems. Vitamin B overdoses have been shown to cause Niacin burns (red, burning rashes) in mild cases and nerve dysfunction in more severe cases.
  • nrm149
    nrm149 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am not surprised you are getting sick. It gives you 12 days worth of B-6 and 23 days worth of B-12. I am surprised that you are not having any other effects of toxicity. While not common even water-soluable vitamins can cause toxicity which can lead to all sorts of health problems. Vitamin B overdoses have been shown to cause Niacin burns (red, burning rashes) in mild cases and nerve dysfunction in more severe cases.

After reading this I immediately did some research to confirm what you wrote. B-6 and B-12 doses are something I always over look when I'm looking at ingredients and you are absolutely right about the dangers of it. The RDA for this is only 1.3 mg and 2.4 mg!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    The B vitamins probably have little to do with it. I've had tons of preworkouts with high doses of vitamin b.

The problem is probably the caffeine. And Super Pump 250 is just a bad product in general.
    It's referred to affectionately as SuperDump250 quite often.
    It made me sick as well.
    Best preworkout I've had:
    EST Methyl Mass EP

I'd avoid NO xplode. Always sent me to the toilet.
    1mr is caffeine heavy so I'd skip it.
    And Jack3d is full of DMAA. So it's your call. If you can take DMAA without crashing (some people can) then go for it.
    I've had it in a few products and done fine, other products I get sick.