Biggest Loser Meals

liz_bolin
liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone tried the Biggest Loser meals that you can buy in the store. I was just wondering if they were any good. I just went to the store and brought the Lasagna

Replies

• greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Nope, how are the with the sodium?
  • didnt know they had any out lol
  • how did the meal taste? were u full after eating it?
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    All those pre-packaged heavily processed foods can be horrible for you. Don't be fooled by like "Lean", "Fat Free," ect...

Never seen the biggest loser meals but I'm sure they contain a bit of sodium and other crap.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    I havent tried it yet. I am going tonight. I bought mine at Kroger buy their packaged deli meats, kroger also has something like them. the sodium is about 400 for a cup that is the portion you get. Then it says to add steamed broccoli to complete the meal. I will let everyone know how it is.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    The flavors don't really excite me--pretty standard stuff, comparable to other frozens, and all are a meat + carb combo (with a few veggies thrown in I guess). Haven't tasted them though... for frozen meals they aren't TOO bad on the sodium--range from 360-500. That's certainly not great, but not as bad as some others. Have no idea about any of the "crap" they use to process them, as full ingredients aren't listed on the website :)
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    I looked at them, wasn't intrigued by the flavors, looked at the price and REALLY wasn't intrigued by the flavors! They were like $9 a meal at my local Safeway!
  • I decided to try the Biggest Loser food by eDiets...home delivery. It's all precooked, you just heat it up. I figured for a month, I'll pay the $120 a week for 5 days of food (three meals and a snack) to kick start my portion control etc.

The food is DISGUSTING!!! I cancelled my order the first day after eating just two meals- it looked bad and tasted worse. I didnt cancel before my cut off date (which was prior to my first delivery FYI) and so I'm stuck with this weeks food and next.

I have some of the Biggest Loser cookbooks; I'm going back to those and will start making meals for the week for myself.

Maybe that is their real weight loss plan: terrible food you can't eat and you're too broke to buy any more food.

Kelly
This discussion has been closed.