Here we go again

Options
Hi This is my second day on the site. I am hopeless when it comes to diets. I have tried loads of different ones but i have never been able to loss weight and keep it off. i thought I would give myfitnesspal a go as it is free and i have nothing to lose except weight lol.

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    What might help is to consider it a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I think you will like it here. There are so many great people here with a lot of information to help you on your journey.
    Welcome to MFP!
  • SparkleLisa
    SparkleLisa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Starman! it's tough to lose weight, although I'm 38 I have found my body is starting to slow and foods I eat are processed differently. I used to be able to just cut back calories, but now I have found that I have to cut out breads, pastas, and sugars. if you do a google search for "best diets for men over 50" there are a lot of good articles that come up and might be a good read for you.

Welcome and good luck in your journey!
  • jennfur
    jennfur Posts: 11
    Options
    Here's some advice, STOP with the dieting! Diets hardly work for people long term because it's hard to stay on them and stay satisfied. Try doing things one by one that work for you, rather than an immediate overhaul of your lifestyle. Start by spacing out your meals, making them smaller, eating small snacks in between. Start subsituting starches and complex carbohydrates with healthier options. Try some new meals.. Eatingwell.com is my favorite site for healthy recipes that still satisfy.. I make meals that are healthy for myself, and that my husband and three year old will still eat (granted, he's not a picky three year old, but the husband is picky, hah).

Start taking walks or join a gym with classes. I really enjoy going to the YMCA and I've made new friends there.

Whatever you do, glad to see you here. MFP is a great site. :)