revision/coursework eater

Options
Hi
I'm currently doing a pretty intense masters course and am currently spending a lot of time in the flat working, reading etc, however I can not stop picking at food all day and it really starts to mount up the calories and fat (and I only want the bad stuff because I'm stressed out :noway: ). I know I eat to avoid starting work or to take a break or just because it cheers me up when I'm stressed but I can't help it.

Any advice or tips and tricks???

Replies

• adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So, when I have tones of grading to get through, I eat baby carrots. In grad school, it was skittles... but that got me really big really fast. At my heaviest I was 260 lbs, and have lost over 100 lbs so far (I'm only 4-11.5, so I am really short). Go for the carrots!
  • ktmcqueen
    ktmcqueen Posts: 81
    Options
    I applaude you for posting this because I'm going through the same thing. I don't really have any advice this time, I just wanted you to know you're not alone. I do the same thing. I graduated college in December and all through college I did nothing but eat the bad stuff just to be eating or b/c I was bored. b/c it kept me from starting homework, b/c everyone was eating. It's so hard to say no when everyone around you is eating the "bad" stuff. And now that I'm out I brought those bad habits with me. Keep your head up and always vent. Sometimes that helps to lower the stress of this whole weight thing. If you get any good advice pass it on :) Good luck!

(Last minute thought: Yogurt? The Yoplait Light is only 100 calories and they have a lot of flavors)
  • jeseka619
    jeseka619 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have the same issue at work these days. For me, at the begining of the week I cut up tons of veggies - carrots, celery, cucumbers, green peppers, etc so they are available to me when I am feeling that snacking "itch". If just the veggies are too bland for you, look for low fat/ low calorie dips. I am loving dips that are yogurt based - such as cucumber and garlic yogurt dip. 25 calories for 1 tbsp is perfect because it's so flavorful, you won't need alot.
    Another tip is to snack on frozen fruit. Look for frozen mangos, pineapple, blueberries, bananans, etc. For me, a few pieces is enough to satisfy my snacking desire - i think it's because when it's frozen, you can suck on it for a bit and then eat it - sounds weird, but it really works for me!
    Other than that, keep the foods that tempt you the most out of the house - I have to do that or I will eat and eat them until they gone.
    Good luck!
  • jbob85
    jbob85 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all, good to know I'm not on my own in this! I think I'll stock up on veggies and I love the frozen fruit idea, as I have a real sweet tooth! Thank you for motivating me and helping me to keep on track! :happy:
  • keynesian
    keynesian Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like the flavoured rice cakes with or without low fat cottage cheese. Also sometimes make up a big bowl of fruit salad and snack on that through the day.