So D%#$ Happy.

Options
Hi guys, I didnt think I'd really post here but after the morning I've had... I can't help myself.

This morning marked 20 days on MFP. All I'm doing is the food diary, no new exercise (no previous exercise either, yet). Going into this I had no friends willing to take this on with me. My wife is supportive, but pregnant. I realized at 287lbs, I was gaining on average 20lbs per year. After playing with my toddler and having trouble getting myself off the floor, I said "thats it, I'm done."

So without support, I decided to punch in the numbers off the iPhone app. Weight, what I'd like to lose, etc... It came back with a little over 1800 calories... I said, "Oh thats easy! I can do this!"... A short time later.... "A spoonful of butter is WHAT?! Thats just not worth it!"...

Over the last few weeks, I've developed a hatred for MyFitnessPal... least the App. I found myself constantly trying to play those numbers against it... "Oh I only have 1800 today?! I'll show you! I'll only eat a couple things of instant oatmeal!" I felt like I was getting away with something. "For dinner, I'll have huge amounts of... broccoli! and... and GRILLED CHICKEN! Yeah! That'll show that d@*& app!"...

Obviously this app is showing me a thing or two. I weighed in this morning for the first time at 270 flat. That's 17 lbs in 20 days. I took off a year... a whole year of weight in 20 days.

Needless to say, as happy as I am right now, I decided to come say hi to everyone. This thing works... even if I do hate it.

Replies

• natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love your story. Congratulations. I have become sooo addicted to this website. It really works. It really motivates. Keep it up.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You showed that danged app! <lol> Welcome to the club.
  • CraftyJenguin
    CraftyJenguin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I have to say I had similar feelings when I first started. I hate looking at the label on some foods and discovering that one little cookie has 180 calories. So not worth it! But I'm down 16 pounds, so I have to be doing something right these days! Congrats on your progress!! Keep up the good work!
  • dezdame
    dezdame Posts: 35
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself....I would be so D%#$ happy too!!!
  • Laur1124
    Laur1124 Posts: 7
    Options
    Haha I love this! Great job!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Hello and welcome!

Good luck and congrats on the upcoming baby! :flowerforyou:
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    LOL! Awesome!!!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great story. I think we all at one time or another hate the app when we relized how many calories are in the foods we eat! Congrats!
  • equillian
    Options
    That's awesome. I have to say I had similar feelings when I first started. I hate looking at the label on some foods and discovering that one little cookie has 180 calories. So not worth it! But I'm down 16 pounds, so I have to be doing something right these days! Congrats on your progress!! Keep up the good work!

haha I know, it's like... you're looking at that cookie going "I will not let you STEAL MY CALORIES!"
  • McPenguin
    McPenguin Posts: 67
    Options
    :) Congrats on your progress! Enjoy your happy day!
  • Ekeras
    Ekeras Posts: 22
    Options
    Congrats! What a great story!
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep up the great work!
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great for you!
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    yay congrats! I love your attitude, I will also tell my cookies/candy not to steal my calories!
  • blaseyly
    blaseyly Posts: 26
    Options
    Great job!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    "a whole year of weight in 20 days"

Fabulous!
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Loved this! Congrats on the loss and just keep showing that app who's boss! :laugh:
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just joined this site last week and love it, it does work!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you and your new baby on the way!!!!!!!!!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Excellent job!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I joined a few weeks ago and posts like yours are keeping me motivated and enthusiastic!