Starting Over New!

Options
I lost my motivation and got distracted from my goals over the past few weeks but I'm back and ready to make a commitment! This time, I need to start small, and not expect such huge results. I have planned out realistic weigh-in goals and marked them on my calendar. If I stick to them I should meet my ultimate goal by mid-January 2012. It seems like a long way off, but time flies and I've got to make it gradual. No more yo-yoing!!! The first 3 changes I am going to make (and yes they are simple but they've made a difference before) are...
Drinking the recommended 8 cups of water per day.
Getting 8 hours of sleep. In bed by 1am, and awake by 9am.
Walking 1 hour per day (weather permitting)

Mini Weigh-In Goals! (Two week intervals)
May 1st- 180
May 16th- 175
June 1st- 170
June 15th- 165
July 1st- 160
July 16th- 155
Aug 1st- 150
Aug 16th- 145
Sept 1st- 142.5
Sept 15th- 140
Oct 1st- 137.5
Oct 16th- 135
Nov 1st- 132.5
Nov 15th- 130
Dec 1st- 127.5
Dec 16th- 125
Jan 1st- 122.5
Jan 16th- 120!!! :happy:

Let me know what you think of these!!!

Replies

• dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    awesomeness! i like how u lowered the amount of weight loss toward the end because progress does slow! good luck with your goals!
  • hoosiermama100
    Options
    Very very great idea! I love how you broke it down into small goals and also set some realistic but effective goals. The sleep is a HUGE one for me - I wear a bodymedia fit (like a bodybugg) so I know for a FACT that even if I do nothing else differently just getting more sleep increases my metabolism - then if you add in the fact that being better rested makes you feel more energetic (resulting in moving more) and make better decisions (resulting in eating better). I'm starting to think that sleep is the biggest factor for me!

I can't wait to stay tuned for your progress! You will do this!
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you can do it. This is where I'm at right now as well, because before in the past when i would do this I would try to do it all at once. So now my goal is getting in 1 walk per day and trying to improve my pace/speed each time, and only eating whole wheat food, certain types of meats,getting in 3 servings of fruit a day, 3 or more servings of veggies, and drinking water. With me being on Day 2, I am doing pretty good! Also my theory is that if I am hungry I will eat protein, not go shove my face full of chips or any kind of junk food!
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Looks great and you are so right abotut small changes making a big differece! Good luck, don't beat yourself up if you don't make all your small goals....it will happen, slow and steady wins the race!
  • shelly067
    shelly067 Posts: 11
    Options
    You can do it! Just stay positive! I love that you set small goals.... If you look for BIG results fast- you usually set yourself up for failue... which is what I have done in the past!

Have a fabulous day!!!:happy:
  • maarbo
    maarbo Posts: 22
    Options
    It's an agressive schedule. Most Drs recommend 1 pound/week vs the 2.5 you are aiming for. If you stick to the exercise and sleep regimen you should be able to meet yor goals. Just be sure you get the required nutrition (to inlclude vitamins and minerals) yor body needs.

Good Luck!
  • HannaSavannah
    HannaSavannah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! You all had some good tips! Weightloss is a lot to take on, for all of us! I'm definitely going to make it a big priority and try my hardest to do it healthily!