Any one for 60 or more?

Options
Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
Any one else on a journey of more than 60 lbs? How are you coping. What is happening/changing for the better/worse? Ive got about 60 to go and just wandering where everyone else is? What goals are you setting for yourself to keep going? what workouts? Any suggestions?

Replies

• ladychaos23
    Options
    im Shooting for 70 right now. Its mainly for the military, so i can keep my job, but i am also doing it for myself. I am trying to become healthy and in better shape. I have a repuation to maintain around where i work.

What i am doing now for the PRT is prob not the best thing, but i have to drop about 15 lbs in the next 3 weeks. I dont eat a lot of carbs. no bread, no egg yokes, no high calorie fruits, no dressing, no pizza, no fast food. Its very restrictive. Most people wouldnt be able to keep up with this diet for longer than a few weeks.

I am in the Navy and have a hefty goal to complete. You can do it! if you have any questions friend me and ill be happy to help.

i was 238 when i started. I am now about 216-217. so im doing good. but no lies, its hard!
  • dlindsay524
    Options
    Hi there my goal is 65lb, I have a general time goal I'm trying to hit which would be the total loss by July, I think that's better because I did set a goal a few weeks back and did no that exact weight that date and felt awful. Then the next week I way surpassed it, so with plateau sometimes goals can be skewed. Just take your time, do it right and slow :)
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I started needing to lose about 124 pounds and I have lost 42! The weight coming off is slowing down, but it is still coming off! Sometimes I get discouraged at the amount of weight I still need to lose but fitting into a size 18 and not a 24 is feeling pretty good at the moment! I started this weight loss journey in November and I'm giving myself 1.5 years to lose it. It looks like I just might make it. It's hard but with the support you get here we can do it!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am going for 82 in total, and have lost 10, with 72 left to go.

My goal is the top of the healthy range.

I am not going to be stupid with exercising. I see so many people doing silly workouts 7 days a week, but I am not just trying to lose the weight, but to keep it off, and make this a lifestyle change.

I have put in that I will be doing 3 weekly workouts of 45 minutes. For me, thats sustainable for life, and I have been keeping that up. I know that if I do too much exercise, I will learn to hate it, but at the moment, I am loving the gym! Yay! :D
  • CraftyJenguin
    CraftyJenguin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I need to lose almost 80 pounds from my starting weight. I'm getting there, but it's been a process. The best part is that I just FEEL better. My worst part is that I can't really tell a difference in my body yet (I've only lost about 16 pounds so far). I set small goals to keep myself motivated, and I'm rewarding myself for every 10 pounds I lose. My rewards are small and DO NOT involve food. My last reward was a new watch. My next will probably be a necklace I saw at Target.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It'll happen. I reached my goal in less time than I thought I would (Just under 9 months. I thought it would have taken a year). The best part about losing the weigh is that you can enjoy the journey; weekly weight loss, compliments, and feeling better. It's not all about eating less and exercising more. Enjoy the journey.
  • darsh11
    darsh11 Posts: 98
    Options
    I started out at 269 lbs and I am now at 221. I still have 50 more to go be at the goal I have set for myself. How I motivate myself is I committ to a race of some sort that is about 6 months away. Last year I did a triathlon. This year I am doing two triathlons and a duathlon. I pay for the race and then I have a carrot hanging out there to keep me going. The race can be something as simple as a 5k. I don't focus so much on the weight, but my focus is am I making healthy choices. Are my clothing sizes getting smaller? I also like to challenge myself with short term goals. For example I hate tracking, but to make myself do it I created a reward jar. Each day that I track I put a dollar in the jar and then at the end of the month I have enough to get a pedicure.

Take it is small chunks. Don't focus on 60lbs, but take it in 3-5 pound intervals. Tell yourself I have 12/ five pound intervals that way the task is not so daunting. Focus only on the first 5 lbs and then move onto the next. If you are not regular exerciser then start out small. Walk for 10 minutes and then add more time.

The biggest and hardest change is mind set. Believing in yourself and your abilities is the hardest part of achieving weight loss. When the mind is there 100 % the body seems to follow without a problem.
  • Ekeras
    Ekeras Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to lose about 70 lbs myself. I've lost 19 so far (8 since I started on MFP). I haven't noticed a huge change physically yet (maybe I'm just not very observant or maybe cuz I have to look at myself everyday), but others have told me that I look thinner and I definitely notice a spike in my energy level. I can't say that I feel "worse" or anything. It's definitely all been on the "for better" side.

My workouts include: training to run 3 times a week - I'm currently training for a 5K (that's 3.106 miles for all you Americans) and I do a Zumba class once a week. And on days that I'm not running, I try to at least get out for a 20-30 min walk.

My goals are simple: I want to be accountable for my body; I want to live a long, healthy life; I want to be happy with myself and the way I look.

My suggestion is just to celebrate all the small victories along the way. Don't beat yourself up or give up if you have a bad day. Set small goals for yourself so that when you achieve them, you can feel like you just climbed a mountain. :) And most importantly, just believe in yourself and trust in your own ability to be able to accomplish anything you put your mind to. :)

Good luck on your journey. :)
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have a total of 98 lbs to lose. I am almost halfway there. I am having a hard time keeping motivation going. I tend to get tired of the same foods and can't seem to find a wide variety of food to eat for a picky eater. I can't do the same workout all the time so I mix it up between zumba, hip hop abs, jillian michaels, biggest loser, and p90x and insanity. I have noticed a lot of changes in my body so far. I am much smaller, but the best thing is when people come up to you and say, "Hey, you look skinnier!" :) Good luck!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose these last 60 lbs without killing myself with a 60 minute workout? Right now I am averaging 20-40 minutes a day alternating cardio and weightlifting. I don't want this to last another year! :( I will def keep at it once this is gone but im getting depressed!
  • JosephTucker
    Options
    I have been coping really well, bad days and good days....cheat every once in while and then get back on the train...106 pounds down so far!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I started my journey last March and it took me right at a year to lose 60 pounds. I lost 10 pretty quick and then hit a 3 month plateau until I lost the remaining 50. My original goal was 40, but after hitting that earlier than expected, I decided to shoot for the BMI that came with a 60 pound loss.
    While a year seems like it can be along time, it was worth it to me because I didn't lose any strength, I don't have a lot of extra skin just hanging there, and it allowed me to build a lot of really healthy habits that I still maintain and plan on taking into the future.
    As for the exercise thing, that all depends. As you get healthier and your resting heart rate lowers it will take more to burn the calories. It becomes a bit of a challenge, but once again, it is worth it!
    Good luck and God bless on reaching your goals!
  • darsh11
    darsh11 Posts: 98
    Options
    Well I would have to say that you need to know your body. I for one have insulin resistance and the pounds don't melt away like other people. It takes me more work to get the weight off. I have lost 50lbs over a two year span. Who cares how long it takes as long as you are making the changes to keep it off. I used to beat myself up about it, but now I realize that 50 lbs is 50lbs and I am not in it for short term. I am recapturing my life so I can live it again