jamba juice?!

Options
what is your favorite thing to get from jamba juice?
i got the mango mantra since it was one of their light smoothies. IT HAS 30 GRAMS OF SUGAR! :O
so today i went over my sugar intake, which is a bummer. does anyone know what they even put in there?

Replies

• Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Apparently sugar!

:tongue:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    keep in mind that fruit itself can be high in sugar!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I personally don't count natural sugars found in fruits, because I will go over every time. I just try to keep my refined sugars (cake, cookies, candy) down.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Orange Carrot Karma :smile:
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    the fruit naturally has sugar and so does the yogurt. I honestly doubt they add much additional. Check the ingredients. I bought the same thing. Still have to try it. :)
  • kbarrera76
    Options
    Hi i worked for Jamba Juice for 3 years. the Mango Mantra has a light base which is full of a bunch of chemicals including sucralose and nonfat milk. Its what makes it whip up, the sugar i think you see is from the mango. theres not a whole lot of fruit in there because the light base fluffs up and makes it seem like more, def not my fav drink.. The purest healthiest thing is fresh OJ w/carrot juice and of course the fresh wheat grass if you can stomach it
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just because it's a fruit smoothie doesnt mean it's healthy! One of my friends who worked there said that most of them are made with a dairy base that has a ton of sugar in it, not to mention a ton of juice which is really just empty calories. Some of the larger ones have more sugar that a few candy bars, and twice the amount of calories than a proper meal.
  • SwissCakeRoll
    Options
    stay away from Jamba unless you are getting something they press in front of you..like the carrot or wheatgrass