Problems with Green Tea Extract plus drinking green tea?

Annie4637
Annie4637 Posts: 12 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any problems with taking green tea extract along with drinking it. I started doing this last week and at first I was doing fine and didn't have any problems. Actually switching to tea and taking the extract has helped with me reduce my dependence on coffee a good bit. However though recently I have been having problems with my stomach and I have a sore throat. I've drank green tea in the past and I didn't have very many problems other than I was still tired when I had tried to cut back on how much coffee I drank. I tried doing this for about two weeks but I was still very tired no matter what I did and I think that this is due to the medication that I take. In other words either way I'm dependent on caffeine due to my medication.

Has anyone else had problems with this? Did your symptoms stop after not taking the extract? Also when doing so did you increase the amount of green tea that you drank and still had the same results as compared to when you were taking the extract?

I hope that this isn't too confusing. I appreciate your time and answers to my post! :smile:

Replies

• donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    I drink gobs of GT (6-7 mugs a day). No pills though. The only problem I have is having to go to the bathroom *all* the time.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Don't take the extract, but I do drink 3 cups of green tea a day, one w/each meal. No issues for me.

I did try to go caffeine free earlier this year and it was awful! Tired, headaches, but I also got sick right around the same time too, so that didn't help either. As for your sore throat and tummy upset, it might not even be related.
  • Annie4637
    Annie4637 Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you guys for the info! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.