NSV... my wedding rings

Options
maddymama
maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
Hi MFPers,
So I've been on a weight loss journey since January. I had DD1 in 2006 and DD2 in 2009, and haven't worked out since I got pregnant with #1. After the birth of #2, my wedding rings did not fit.... they were too tight to wear comfortably, so most days I didn't even bother to try to wear them. I hurt me inside a bit, and I know it hurt my hubby to see me not wear the rings.
I've lost a bit over 20 lbs since January... six since I've joined MFP.
Guess what?!?!?!?! I can now wear my wedding and engagement rings comfortably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a small thing that feels great!

What are your NSVs?

~maddymama

Replies

• cdbillups
    cdbillups Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had to stop by the jewelry counter at Wal-Mart and pick up some ring snuggies to keep my wedding ring from falling off. I also dug through the jewelry box at home and found a ring I picked up my Senior year of high school. Hasn't fit me since my Freshman year of college, but it fits me now. :)
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    this may be a stupid question, but i have only been on this site for a month... what is this "NSV" i keep seeing?
  • lilttriana
    Options
    Non Scale Victory
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Non-scale Victory :)
  • lilttriana
    Options
    That is awesome, Great Job!! I know it must feel great. I have a hard time with the lbs on the scale so I really look forward to those NSV's. Keep up the great work!!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    NSV is non-scale victory... so something that is great other than the weight on the scales dropping. Like a friend saying, "WOW you look great!"

cdbillups- that is fantastic about your rings, too!
  • Clinton1074
    Clinton1074 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is one of my goals. To be able to wear my Wedding ring by my anniversary which is in November. I have not worn it in maybe 7 years or so. That is an awesome NSV!!
  • hgunter10
    hgunter10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend recently gave me a ring and I had told him I wore an 8 1/2, good thing they sent the wrong size. I had to go have it sized and I am down to a 7 3/4. This is great since my wedding ring from my first marriage was a 9 1/2 :)
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ok, well i lost 1 1/2" through most of my body... measurements, 2" in some places......... My boyfriend was my first compliment - he told me "you can really see a difference now, you are getting skinnier especially in your tummy" ...that was a small thing that felt so good.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what I should do! I'm so worried my rings are going to go flying when I am doing Zumba lol. Last summer I would take them off for swimming. I still have more weight to lose and will eventually need to resize them, but don't want to till it's time. And I do not want to go without them, I worked a job once where I couldn't wear them, and I hated it. Luckily I got out of there and am where I can wear them now.

Congrats to the OP!!
    I had to stop by the jewelry counter at Wal-Mart and pick up some ring snuggies to keep my wedding ring from falling off. I also dug through the jewelry box at home and found a ring I picked up my Senior year of high school. Hasn't fit me since my Freshman year of college, but it fits me now. :)
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thats a great NSV!! I bet your so proud and excited! That wonderful!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!