low carb friends and weight training friends

Options
mursey
mursey Posts: 191 Member
Hi, I recently realized it would help my motivation if I added more friends that are into the same schools of thought I adhere to, as far as diet and exercise.

I'm low carb/high protein and I am into strength training (and a little bit of other things. .. yes I do some cardio, meaning to get back into some yoga too .. occasionally try new things but weight training is the most important to me).

Please add me if this sounds like you and you don't mind adding 1 more friend.

(It's not totally important to me whether you're doing Atkins, South Beach, Paleo, Weston A Price, Blood Type, .. just as long as the main ideas are low carb. )

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you're weight training you need carbs.
  • Zoeysnanny
    Options
    I am also on a low carb./high protein diet. I had to do this because I have diabetes Type 2 and many other health problems. I would love to add you to my friend list. I am doing a dance program on my Wii right now and waiting for weather to break so I can start walking on our walking trail.

I really want this to work for me because I recently had a mini stroke which really gave me a wake up call.

Teri
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    If you're weight training you need carbs.

Pretty sure she wasn't asking for advice. I'm with you, Paleo dieter here, I will send friend request.
  • stayathomezookeepa
    stayathomezookeepa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent u a friend request I am also doing low carb...well my version of it anyway...lol I eat 1 fruit a day :)
  • mursey
    Options
    Yes, and I've done it for the better part of ten years.

Oops- that was meant to be a reply to "If you weight train you need carbs. . are you going to do it for the rest of your life"

See, this is why I want to keep my friends to people like me. I don't need to argue all day to people who I disagree with. I've figured out what works for me a long time ago, been successful with it, and would like to surround myself with like-minded people who can share recipes, articles, tips, etc with.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Weight training, Primal eating over here! I mostly do Crossfit for weights (and about once a week Olympic Lifting).
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a South Beacher and currently doing bodyweight exercises to prepare for the gym. I send you a ADD. Anyone else with a similar mind set as the OP please send me a friend request as well. Thanks!
  • mursey
    Options
    Thanks people for friending me! I'm already getting more motivation and info from a few of you. :)
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I've done it for the better part of ten years.

Oops- that was meant to be a reply to "If you weight train you need carbs. . are you going to do it for the rest of your life"

See, this is why I want to keep my friends to people like me. I don't need to argue all day to people who I disagree with. I've figured out what works for me a long time ago, been successful with it, and would like to surround myself with like-minded people who can share recipes, articles, tips, etc with.

<<like>> I totally agree. I sent a request :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    modified atkinser here who loves to strenght train, even use it as a 'reward' for getting through cardio LOL which i don't like near as well.
    and it just irks me when someone ask if anyone is doing (insert diet* style) and people got to pipe up with there judgemental BS. if you arent doing that style just move on.

Sending a friend request soon as i finish venting LOL and anyone else on here fitting her descript can friend me (though i think i notice most replyers already are)

*The word diet used in this statement refers to its true definition as how and what a person eats. not referring nececcsarily to and reduced or fad type eating plan. I think most people like to vilify the word diet corrupting it from its true meaning
  • SmartestRat
    Options
    I've been doing Starting Strength for a month and am ADDICTED. I'm doing about 50 carbs per day and losing about a pound a week. I'll send you an add!
  • mursey
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! :)
  • pgsongbird
    pgsongbird Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, Mursey! I'm a low carber for controlling Diabetes Type 2. I stay around 40 carbs per day if I want to lose and at about 60 carbs if I want to maintain. My goal is to control blood sugar without medication--for as long as possible. I read Dr. Richard K. Bernstein's book The Diabetes Solution about 3 years ago--and it has really helped a lot! I've lost 20 pounds--slowly over those 3 years.

So glad to find another low carber on this site! Stay in touch!

pgsongbird
    current weight 189
    goal weight 150