Lap Band Help

Options
Have you found any diet plans specifically for lap band patients?

Replies

• katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    are u a lap band patient?
  • care28
    care28 Posts: 28
    Options
    Lap Band pretty much is it's own plan. It's got it's own set of rules. Three meals a day. Eat slow. Protien 1st, veggies 2nd, starches 3rd. No liquid while you're eating. As well as others.
  • EllieHall
    EllieHall Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have not found anyything like that. I am a lap band patient. I just posted a message about that today. I am having a hard time with balancing my exercise with calorie intake and the plan that my bariatric nutritionist recommends. It is no where near the calories that mfp recommends.
  • PghGal2011
    Options
    Each Dr provides his own rules..Mine are
    no drinking 30 min before and 30 min after
    Protein first always,
    60 grams or higher on protein each day
    no more than 8oz of food at a time
    No doughy breads, dry chicken, white rice, or noodles
    64 oz and more of water a day
  • PghGal2011
    Options
    oh and 1000 to 1200 cals a day for me
  • jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have had the lap band surgery for about a year. I had heard their is a specific diet that people who have had lap band follow. I have heard it has great results and wanted to try it. I know all the basics.
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Each Dr provides his own rules..Mine are
    no drinking 30 min before and 30 min after
    Protein first always,
    60 grams or higher on protein each day
    no more than 8oz of food at a time
    No doughy breads, dry chicken, white rice, or noodles
    64 oz and more of water a day

This is about the same diet my Dr has me on
  • kathknight
    Options
    I have found 2 websites that have some helpful protein foods: bariatriceating.com and bariatricchoice.com I LOVE the ready-to-drink BELIEVE protein drinks from bariatric eating. They have 20 grams of protein, and are my replacement for coffee in the morning. In my opinion, the vanilla creme brulee flavor is the best, and the chai is my second favorite (has a little caffeine!). The bariatric choice website has wonderslim products and a whole diet plan -- i dont use the plan, but use some of the products. The shake/pudding mix (meal replacement) is actually pretty good! I dont think it is a true meal replacement amount, though.

I have been on/off in the 3 years that I have had the band -- and 1.5 of that I was pregnant/nursing. Also had quite a few issues with my band being the right tightness and causing me to throw up (rebound swelling). But I seem to be on the right track now. I am down 60 pounds from my heaviest ever, and working towards getting back to my lowest "band" weight ever. And, when I eat enough protein and keep out the bad stuff (sugars, too many carbs, etc) I lose weight easily. I dont eat any breads or pastas at all. I eat veggies, a bite of fruit here or there, and protein things like a little chicken/fish/meat and protein drinks.