what!? Will that even be worth it!?

Options
So, not a whole heck of a lot of weight has come off in the past few weeks....maybe 2lbs. And my trainer wants me to lose 10 by the 30th. She told me to eat nothing but protien shakes, water, fruits and veggies until the 30th. Will that even drop the weight fast enough?(of course with excerise too)

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Why???? one or 2 pounds a week is perfectly acceptable
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    You don't have that much weight to lose so losing is going to be more gradual.
    I think the kind of deficits your trainer is recommending is ill-advised. Unless there is some reason to take drastic measures to cut 10 lbs, I think you have to implement changes slowly that you can live with forever. You are not going to be able to live on protein shakes and fruits and veggies.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a new trainer.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I think the kind of deficits your trainer is recommending is ill-advised. Unless there is some reason to take drastic measures to cut 10 lbs, I think you have to implement changes slowly that you can live with forever. You are not going to be able to live on protein shakes and fruits and veggies.
    Ditto.
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    time for a new trainer. doesn't seem they are focused on long-term health
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    time for a new trainer. doesn't seem they are focused on long-term health

What everyone else said.
    Sounds weird to me.
  • JennyJogger
    Options
    If you do that you'll lose the weight in the short term, its just going to be really hard to keep it off when you start eating more than just the shakes, fruits, & veggies.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options

ditto!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options

I agree. When I went to my instructor for advice, he told me nothing unhealthy and to try more lean foods after I told him my diet... (this is before I started this site). He would never have recommended me do this, sounds unhealthy. And besides once you do start eating 'regular' foods again it will throw your whole system off. Thats my opinion anyway.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    So, not a whole heck of a lot of weight has come off in the past few weeks....maybe 2lbs. And my trainer wants me to lose 10 by the 30th. She told me to eat nothing but protien shakes, water, fruits and veggies until the 30th. Will that even drop the weight fast enough?(of course with excerise too)

Your trainer sounds like a moron. No offense, but getting a new trainer should be number 1 on your list.
  • lucieluss
    lucieluss Posts: 34
    Options
    i agree to all who told you to flush that trainer, 2 pounds a week is awsome!! they only recommend 1 per week, so 2, is awsome, She seems to only care for numbers, well might as well do the turtle way, to make sure you achieve the finish line you gave yourself, let your trainer, the rabbit, get lost, and be proud of your achievements, im a turtle too, and i wouldnt cahnge it to be a rabbit,,haha, maybe , you questionning that trainer means you are strong enough now to know whats best for you and your body, and you really dont need him/her nomore,,, trust your guts and your heart on that one!!!!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Why the rush? Is weight loss part of your job or something (model, actress, sports)?
  • bluesnowkat
    Options
    Water, fruits & veggies should be an essential part of any diet. But as the only things with protein shakes? That's not balanced nutrition. Fast weight loss is tempting, but as someone who's been there before, I can tell you - as soon as you go back to your normal way of eating, the weight comes back, almost immediately. You are MUCH better off losing 1-2 pds per week. Strive to make incremental changes in your diet and don't change everything at once. If you only eat veggies once or twice per week, start adding in veggies to more meals. Drink soda every day? Then slowly switch your soda for water. Too many processed foods? Start adding fresh or frozen fresh foods. Prepare snacks in advance. Cook on your day off & freeze leftovers.

But I would not drop calories below 1200 and not drastically cut foods out of a diet. Most doctors recommend no fewer than 1200 calories per day. And if you're working out a lot, you may even need more. For me, I'm happy with 1.5pd loss per week, which puts me at about 1490 calories per day. This keeps me happy & energized and I've been having at least a 2pds loss each week.

So, if you are following a sensible food plan, but your weight has plateaued, then it's time to mix up your work-out routine - add more weight or add reps, do different moves, add/change the exercises, add plyometric moves - in other words, do something new. If you do the same exercises each time, your body adjusts. If your trainer is not mixing up your routine every couple weeks, then I'd suggest looking for a new trainer - preferably one who wants you to eat healthy and not make drastic dietary changes.
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Stupid question, but is your trainer a registered dietician? If not, she's in no place to be giving a meal plan, especially one as extreme as that.
    Y'know, just sayin'.
  • MistaChrista11
    Options
    yes i'm a ring girl for MMA fights
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    well, if you must, you must, it's not the worst way to go about cutting weight, but I am not sure how much of it will be real fat loss.