Losing 16 pounds before my June birthday!

Options
Hello!

I am trying to get in shape for the summer and for my birthday! I have always been thin, but then after going through breast cancer treatment and being on Tamoxifen for 5 years, I have gained roughly 15 pounds. I am hoping to meet my goal by June 14, but if I don't, I will still be happy if I just commit to eating healthy and working out. My main issue is finding the time for workouts as I am gone from 7:30 to 5:30 every day for work, and I have two daughters, 8 and 17. My husband has to play Mr. Mom during the time I am at work, so I feel bad if I am not home at night to help out with dinner, homework, laundry, etc. So, therefore, I have commited to waking up and working out at the gym in the mornings before work. That plan has worked out so far this week. Hopefully through MyfitnessPal, I will stay motivated.

That's my story. I look forward to reading a lot about all of you.

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Best of luck to you! This is a great, helpful site! I hope you make your goal. I bet you will, because you definitely sound motivated! :smile:
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have been through a lot!!

I am also trying to be down by my birthday-in June as well! :) I am hoping to lose about 12 pounds but I know that isn't a lot of time, 16 is a lot of weight to lose before June but I am glad that you will be happy to just be committed to a new routine by then. That is also how I feel, so instead of setting goals to be at a certain weight at a certain time, I am making goals such as working out for 6 days in a row and cutting out fried foods. Small changes like that have definitely helped and I am not just trying to crash diet before June, I am trying to be healthy and get into that lifestyle.

Good luck with everything!!! If you need any support or advice feel free to add me as a friend!
  • patricia92d
    Options
    I wish u lots of luck im also trying to lose weight before my birthday july 1st ive always been quite a lil fluffy so i wanna be asmaller and stunning for mine :D
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You just have to make time for yourself. If you can't make it to the gym do a workout dvd at home. Your going to feel so good on your birthday....even if you don't reach your goal, you'll be closer, & healthier.

Good luck.

2639362.png
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Gemini...I have the same schedule as you...EXACTLY with 3 kids ages 6, 9 and 10.

So, two days a week I get up at 5AM and do circuits and two days a week I run outside on my lunch break or walk and then I will workout either Saturday or Sunday.

My husband is also the one home with the kids after school and I know how you feel. Once in a while (like last night) I will ask him if he minds me running on the treadmill afterwork becuase I try not to make a habit of it so I can help with homework and laundary and dinner and baths, etc.

And only getting up at 5 AM 2x a week is so much more bearable then everyday!!

And Congrats on beating you cancer battle!!!!
  • kstel
    kstel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I think you will lose the weight by then. I work out in the AM also before work, its hard to get used too, but once you get into the routine you will happy you did. I love this site!:smile: