Wii?

Options
I would love to participate in Wii Fit with my wife, but am currently too heavy for the board. Are there any of the Wii exercise games that don't require the balance board?

Replies

• chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    All of the somewhat decent ones to because tracking is a lot more accurate with the board. I do not know of any offhand that do not utilize the board. I know someone also who is way over but uses it anyway and it works still.
  • LeeShirreffs
    LeeShirreffs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Talk the wife into getting an Xbox + Kinect..... No board then. :happy:
  • madaughters
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2. you have the option of using the board. You can do it 2 player, if you have two sets of the arm bands. It's great for you and your wife to work out together!
  • jenjac
    jenjac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try the Golds Gym Cardio Workout. I love that game! There are a few things that use the board but the boxing, which gives you the best work out and is the main part of the game, doesnt. That game will give you a great workout if you play it correctly.
  • genielross
    genielross Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wii Sport, EA Active series, The Biggest Loser, are some of them.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    If you have Wii Fit Plus, some of the activities don't require the board - the free run doesn't need the board - neither do some of the strength training (tricep extension) -

I have heard great things about the Biggest Loser & the EA Sports games - they both sound awesome (I want the EA Sports). :)

Another thing, if it's nice where you are at - ask your wife to go for a walk with you after dinner. Enjoy the springtime! :)
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Most all of the wii-fit games require someone to stand on the board at some point to calibrate I think, but some of the activities themselves (like 2P jogging) doesn't use the board.

http://www.balanceboardblog.com/2008/08/too-fat-for-wii-fit-try-this-simple-mod.html is a video of a guy who's over the 350lb weight limit that just used some foam to "lighten the load" as he says so that the wii board would register him. Might be worth a try if you really want to play :)
  • lisam724
    lisam724 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    my husband I play the just dance games I love them !
  • McSpall
    McSpall Posts: 5
    Options
    Great call on Just Dance!! Picked it up tonight and am already covered in sweat. My wife and 3 year old daughter will love it too. Thanks for the tip!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great call on Just Dance!! Picked it up tonight and am already covered in sweat. My wife and 3 year old daughter will love it too. Thanks for the tip!

I can just imagine this! She better not do this 9 months prego tho ;) Haha, and the princess-- Oh I bet she loved it!!! :):)
  • 6Sarah4
    6Sarah4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Wii sports game is good, there is boxing, tennis, baseball, bowling and golf. You only need the wii remote for them - except for boxing you need the nuchuck as well but you actually burn a surprising amount of calories while having fun! I didn't actually think that was possible but there you go.
    Hop this helped