How do you get motivated??

lnelson88
lnelson88 Posts: 64
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
When you're pretty much dead set on calling it for the day but you KNOW you should do SOMETHING, how do you get motivated??? It's been a HORRIBLE food/exercise week for me so far. I need to turn it around FAST! HELP!!!

Replies

• YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    HI sounds like you have a situation. heres my story
    its been almost 3 weeks since i ve been eating healthy and working out and i caught a glimpse of my new body in the mirror the other day. i ve only lost a couple of pounds but my body has firmed up. i feel better. exercising has relieved some of my stressed. Just think about all the thing you are doing and stay away from the bad. If you are trying to lose weight imagine a thinner you if you are trying to eat healthier think about all the bad things the "junk" is ganna do to ur body. Good luck you can do it !!!!!!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    I remind myself how much better I feel both physically and emotionally just working out. Sometimes I just take my dogs for a walk around the block. Even if it's just 15 minutes, it's better than 0 minutes. The stress of knowing I *should* be doing something and not doing it is KILLER... so I also remind myself that I will be able to relax once I do the things I'm suposed to be doing. Remember that changing your life takes time, and not every day or even every week is going to be perfect. Every day is a new chance to live a healthier life!

Also, make sure you're not changing everything all at once. Ease into it. I started this whole thing by giving up soda. Once I got used to that I added in something else. It's less of a shock to the system doing it that way. You *do* have willpower, just don't overwhelm yourself with too much at once.

Good luck!
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Thanks! That just might help! Now I just have to get through the rest of the work day and still be motivated when I get home! :wink:
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Personally I try to think about the reasons why I have to lose weight. Health is always a given, but not enough to motivate myself. Recently I got news that we will need IVF for infertility issues and I have to lose 80 lbs to be approved for it. That will do it!
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    I try to think about why I started losing weight and what the alternative will be if I don’t keep trying.
This discussion has been closed.