Hey :)

Options
jkegs013
jkegs013 Posts: 13 Member
I love working out... Not running though. Doing any type of cardio and nothing else is definitely not my cup of tea. Zumba is my favorite thing to do, right next to playing racquetball. I set a New Years Resolution of the goal weight I wanted to reach in a good amount of time, and I haven't lost anything. Part of that was due to being sick for over a month so I couldn't do a whole lot along with many other excuses I could come up with.
I joined on Monday. I have no problem getting to the gym and exercising on a daily basis. It's the food side of things that kills me. So I'm really excited to start all of this and see how things come along. I've been looking for something to keep track of all the food and exercises that I do, and this is perfect :) Can't wait to see how things look down the road!

Replies

• mnmjunkie20
    Options
    Good luck to you! It really makes it more fun when you have a support group encouraging you and pushing you. Welcome to MFP.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone on here is really helpful.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome....this site is so wonderful, and has helped a lot of people lose weight. You really have to eat good....you should lose weight even without exercise. Exerciseing with speed it up!

Good luck ; )

2639362.png
  • befitcoachuk
    befitcoachuk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard the mfp train..... it's a great community on here and you will feel very supported. Good luck getting your food under control - I certainly found logging everything I ate and seeing the calories add up a great way to remind me to keep things in check :o)

Feel free to add me as a friend (and the same to everyone else reading this post)
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Good luck to you. I TOTALLY understand about the eating thing, it is so easy for me to go burn a ton of calories but then eat them all back! Luckily-THIS SITE HELPS! I think the most helpful thing to me is seeing how many calories you can take in on this site. I use it on my iPhone (the app) and it really helps because you may think something isn't a lot of calories but they add up very quickly. Plus-when I workout and burn 600 calories it helps my eating habits because I realize I could eat a huge salad with grilled chicken and a ton of veggies for under 400 or I could waste the entire workout on some pizza or a burger and a beer. It just isn't worth all the working out if you blow it on junk food later, so when I workout it really helps me realize that I don't want to waste the hour of sweating for one unhealthy meal.

I hope that helps some! You can add me as a friend if you need any help or advice, this place really helps with motivation and you can always find someone to give good advice! Good luck!