What is the worst diet you have ever been on?

Options
For something I'm doing for an assessment I'm doing a home video recording what the worst diets out there are, and how they make you feel when you are on them? Has anyone had any bad experiences with diets? Where they have made you put on weight?! For e.g the carrot juice diets and stuff like that? and how did they make you feel? did you loose lots of weight? put it on?

Please help! :) xxx

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Dominoes Pizza and Blimpie Sub every other day, was roughly the worst-eating period of my life.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Atkins. I hated it! I could never get it right. I was always hungry and I got bored with my choices fast.

On the other hand, I liked the high fiber diet
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Atkins. I hated it! I could never get it right!

On the other hand, I liked the high fiber diet

I agree, Atkins was like unleashing holy hell on my body. I lost weight but it took me YEARS to get over it and for my metabolism to get back up to par. I see people on ultra low carb diets here and I cringe!!
  • LowCarbAmanda
    Options
    I LOVE Atkins! The worst diet for me was low fat, high carb, low calorie. I GAINED weight! :)
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I can't remember what it was called but all I could eat was oatmeal and egg whites and fresh fruit for the first week and the 2nd week I could eat chicken too. UGH! I felt like I was going to die!! That only lasted about 2 weeks LOL:laugh:
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Atkins. HATED Special K and Slim Fast - I GAINED weight following their meal plans. Boo.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i did some crazy diet with my mom a few years ago. i have no idea what it was but it was this super strict diet. It had breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks all wrote out for you and you had to follow it... it was stuff like dry toast, and tuna with nothing in it... it was crazy weird and it sucked. i did it because my mom wanted to try it and she wanted me to help her follow it by doing it with her.

never again. ha ha ha

oh, and i did loose weight, but i think it was because it was such a drastic cut in calories then what i was use to eating.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast
    Atkins/South Beach (not because they don't work, but I felt sick all the time)
    Cabbage Soup Diet
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Atkins. HATED Special K and Slim Fast - I GAINED weight following their meal plans. Boo.

Same here. I lost 40 lbs on Atkins and kept it off for 3 years, till I went totally off track on eating. A candy bar a day is not a necessity!
    I gained weight on SlimFast, while faithfully choking down those horrid shakes. Never again!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The "almost no food and caffeine pills" diet I put myself on in my late teens was awful. Lasted about 2 weeks. While I did lose some weight, I was cranky and irritable the whole time. And I put it right back on afterward.

I love Atkins. I've had very good results with low carb dieting, myself. Sadly, since I've had my gallbladder out, my poor kidney apparently can't handle the extra fat from low carb dieting. I've switched to low fat. My digestive system seems to be humming along now but we'll see how the weight loss goes.
  • gublercullen
    Options
    the maple syrup diet...not even kidding. Its freaking expensive and it's an all liquid diet. Your body is running on the sugar for the syrup and nothing else. I had headaches, nausea and dizziness for the whole time i was on it, (about two weeks) and then afterwards, you can hardly eat anything, you have to start with a piece of fruit and work yourself back to about 1 meal a day + 1 piece of fruit + one of the syrup drinks, but i got awful stomach cramps for about a week after i started eating solids again.
    I wouldnt reccommend it :(

I loved atkins, i lost about 20 pounds in a month, but i piled on that and more after i introduced carbs back into my diet. And it does get a little boring after a while!
    i agree with MrsJazz, the slim fast diet made me put on weight too!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I went on a watermelon and popcorn diet. I really don't know why I thought that was a good idea, but I lasted two weeks.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Oh... THOSE kind of diets. :sick:
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I really like the South Beach Diet, but it was not sustainable.

The worst diet I have ever been on was called the 4 Day Diet by Dr. Ian Smith.

It made me weak, grouchy and tired. Plus, you couldn't eat meat for the first four days. I went 4 days without chicken and eggs!!!

Here is an explanation of it: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-4-day-diet
  • JennyJogger
    Options
    Atkins was the worst! I love love love carbs, so why I thought I could do it in the 1st place stumps me! Got bored with the foods & my breath changed... No matter how much I brushed my teeth, popped mints, & chewed gum... my breath was really weird. After 2 weeks I couldn't take it anymore.
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    I hated Atkins!!!!! It was awful, I felt like I didn't even have the energy to get out of bed! I just couldn't function without those stupid carbs lol
  • vanilla81
    vanilla81 Posts: 37
    Options
    Oshawa - hated it !!! other than that, all the other diets (by diet we understand time limited effort to starve oneself)...
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Low carb/High protein - I lost weight probably too fast, but my body paid for it. My digestive system was way out of whack and I ended up in the hospital because my gallbladder completely stopped working. Not sure if it was due to the food, but I think it was.
  • TeresaJill
    TeresaJill Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Atkins - I remember sitting on the kitchen floor crying because I couldn't figure out anything I could eat and I was REALLY tired of meats/eggs, etc.

I really liked Lindora and did well on it (also low carb, but not as extreme), but the weight came back mighty fast.

I'm seriously hoping that when I drop the low carb restrictons I put on myself and just stick to the calorie restrictions suggested by MFP, I'll keep losing weight. I want something I can live with for the long haul.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    It would have to be the Cabbage Soup diet. I still will not eat cabbage to this day because of it lol