This is a question for women..

Options
krystleRD
krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
Ok TOM decides to show its ugly face after 3 1/2 months.. Im miserable, is their any excersise that I can do that can help with the pain?

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water and just keep active in general! The more you work out, the less you bleed... And the less cramps you will get!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yoga. Look on about.com for some that you can do at home and you will feel better.
  • BethHanson
    BethHanson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have heard just getting up and moving, i.e. any exercise should help ease the pain of the dreaded TOM.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I find if I work out - somehow that makes the cramps not as bad. Good luck!!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    all of them! Exercise actually decreases cramping and gives you more energy!
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    During this time I like to just walk...And like said before drink LOTS of water
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    all and any. Getting the blood flow inside your body will help to ease cramps. I know "who the heck wants to work out when they feel that crapy" but it really works. Just take a walk about 10 to 15 min. long off and on during the day. Stretch out all your muscles off and on. Sorry you are so miserable.
  • MommyLumpkin
    Options
    I love the treadmill or the elliptical. After over a year of not having one....my daughter breastfed for 9 months....I had a couple before I started working out. Then, when I started this program, I was 3 WEEKS late! I freak out a little but that first period was miserable. When I decided to buck up and go to the gym is when I felt better!
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i give you ladies alot of credit , i am thankful i dont have to meet TOM every month ..huggs
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think that exercise doesn't help me, but it does distract me. lol. Worth a shot!

Lots and lots of water.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Any kind of excercise will help ease the pain.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just go for a nice easy walk. And if you aren't flowing to heavily, I go for a swim. The boyancey feel SOO good on my aching back and cramping stomach. It totally relieves the pressure. I often stay in the water until i am more than pruney. Also, a good hot steam room helps me. My gym has a eucalyptus sauna...its amazing!
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    thanks ladie .. i will be going to the gym after im done babysitting tonight...

AND to the one man that wrote.. Ya'll are so lucky lol
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I take Aleve and go slow on the elliptical. It seems to help everything run smoother for the rest of my period
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I find that excercise followed by a glass of wine and a hot both does wonders!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    Yoga seems to work for me :D
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ya know my hips ache when its that time and it makes it harder to do deep bends at the hip and squat like moves. I like the reply about doing yoga or even pilates seem like it would make things feel better. I usually stretch a lot and it helps. Sorry, girl. You seem to be getting past it, though. You did tae bo this a.m. Awesome!!!