Garden Salad

Options
Does anyone know the calories of a garden salad? I have looked numerous places on internet. Can't find plain salad with veggies ex) cucumbers, onions, tomatoes..ect. Do I have to break it all up by what's in it to figure out calorie content?

Replies

• amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know the calories of a garden salad? I have looked numerous places on internet. Can't find plain salad with veggies ex) cucumbers, onions, tomatoes..ect. Do I have to break it all up by what's in it to figure out calorie content?
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    go to this website
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

add all the ingredients, add it will add everything up for you
  • donnag524
    donnag524 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always do mine with each individual item first and save it as a meal. This way it is exactly the way that I make it. Next time you can find it under your meals.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I would just guesstimate since it's just basic salad items.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You should always break up everything to figure out its calorie content.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yes - enter the individual ingredients in the database. You have no idea what is in anyone else's salad - you need to log what you actually eat if you want any sort of accuracy.
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    i ate one at wendy's the other day and it was pretty big and was only 25 calories. (not including dressing) it shouldn't be much, unless you are adding cheese, bacon bits, etc.