My HRM died....now what do I do? (just venting)

Options
I workout religiously with my Polar F6 HRM. Yesterday in the middle of working out, I realized that I had no heart beat.....00 BPM:brokenheart: . I did everything could to readjust my chest strap, still no pulse. It is officially dead:sad: Luckily, when I purchased it, I got the one-year extended warranty, but it will take up to 3 weeks before I get a replacement:grumble:

So, now I have no idea how I will figure out how many calories I burn during my exercise. I've tried using the database before, but my numbers are always significantly higher than those. I am so sad...that thing as been my best friend since Since February 1st.:cry:

Replies

• arjames82
    Options
    I workout religiously with my Polar F6 HRM. Yesterday in the middle of working out, I realized that I had no heart beat.....00 BPM:brokenheart: . I did everything could to readjust my chest strap, still no pulse. It is officially dead:sad: Luckily, when I purchased it, I got the one-year extended warranty, but it will take up to 3 weeks before I get a replacement:grumble:

So, now I have no idea how I will figure out how many calories I burn during my exercise. I've tried using the database before, but my numbers are always significantly higher than those. I am so sad...that thing as been my best friend since Since February 1st.:cry:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your loss....:cry:
    Vent anytime!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok.....please step awaaaaaay from the ledge! It will be OK. I swear (just dont touch MY HRM!!)

I am so sorry if broke. Cant you go to the store to exchange it?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just the battery. Did you call Polar and ask?
  • arjames82
    Options
    Ok...I'm breathing deeply now. :noway: :wink:

Hmmmm....I was so freaked out about it not working, I didn't even think about batteries. I thought only the watch portion had batteries in it. Now that I have calmed down and read my manual, I see that the transmitter has batteries as well. However, it has to be taken to a Polar Service Center to have the batteries replaced. GuessI better get to finding one...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Mine died....but for real. I have to send it in at some point.

Anywho, I still use the values I was using when I had it because they're saved in MFP. When I'd go running, I'd put in 'Running, 5.0 mph' for however long--say 60 minutes. Then I'd put in whatever calories I'd burned--usually 600.

Now if I change that to 30 minutes, MFP changes the calories to 300. Is it 100% accurate? No. But nothing is, and this is very close. MFP just uses the cal/min on whatever value you enter. So even without your HR, if you go for a jog at a similar intensity to what you usually do, when you enter that into MFP, it will reuse your old data.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Don't be sad about your HRM loss. Try to remember the good times you 2 had together.
  • arjames82
    Options
    Thanks for the support:bigsmile:

Though more bad news for me...it turns out the batteries in my particular model are not replaceable. My transmitter is just dead and will have to be replaced:sad: It's supposed to last 2 years when used for 1 hour 7 days per week, so I'll just say I've done exceedingly well and surpassed those exercise goals.:tongue: