Hi

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
Been lurking for a while and decided to join and start posting. I'm super shy in real life, so joining any message board is a big step for me. Though you won't be able to tell that I'm shy by how verbose I tend to get when I post.

So, my goal is to stay consistent. I'm blessed with a body that already contains a lot of lean muscle mass and has a naturally fast metabolism. As long as I eat reasonably and exercise consistently, I'm good to go. But quitting the darn exercise as soon as I get to where i want to be is my downfall every time. I actually like exercise, but it seems that I'm not motivated until my clothes get tight. I've reached my goal body three times in the past four years only to lose motivation and slack off and I'm determined not to do that this time. The only upside is that I know my body so well now that I know exactly the sequence the fat will come off and don't get freaked out if it doesn't move from area X right away. I also know what works and what doesn't as far as exercise is concerned (for the most part).

I'd like to give some noble reason about why I want to get and stay fit like health and well being. And while that's part of it, the truth is that I simply can't afford a closet full of new clothes and need to fit the ones that I have. :ohwell:

I started back in January doing cardio in my apartment complex's gym and doing toning ( I know many here hate that word, but it's succinct and people know what I'm referring to) workouts from Exercise TV and my own video collection. I got bored with the machine cardio, which doesn't work that well for me anyway and started doing ETV's cardio workouts, primarily kickboxing. That really ramped up my results. However, I'm itching for some variety again (along with a sad story of how I managed to enlarge my butt by accident) and ordered Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift. That should arrive next week and I hope to start it on 5/1.

I'm 5'11" and was 170 last I checked. I've been going by inches lost more than the scale

Replies

• temptech
    temptech Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm new also. I have a long way to go and hope this is the site that will help with the motivation problem I have.
    Good luck to us both