Protein Powder

Options
Hi everyone !!! I am wanting to add a protein drink into my daily diet (breakfast maybe?). Any suggestions on a good (and good tasting) powder????

Replies

• Chartrand11
    Options
    Optimum 100% Whey. Good protein powder at a reasonable price. I have the Double Chocolate. But if you mix your drinks with the right foods you can make and powder taste good.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Check out Jay Robb's whey protein powder... it's expensive, but sweetened with stevia not artificial stuff like some other protein powders.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    The Body Fortress brand at Wal Mart is not bad and also not too expensive.
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This is something I have agonized over for years. Not all protein shakes are the same. The one I use now and I find the most helpful is Syntha-6. I get it at vitamin world. What you need to consider is the different types of protein in the shake. A lot of "one" protein shakes are meant to be consumed right after a workout and will only last in your system a short amount of time. Syntha-6 has 6 different proteins all having a different function. There are the proteins that replenish your system fast and help rebuild torn muscle from a workout. Then there are the proteins that stay in your system for up to 24 hours and help fuel your system (including metabolism). I drink vanilla which I find very delicious if shaken very well. The beauty of this shake is that it is only 200 calories (plus milk if that's how you like it). If you use water, then it is a low cal shake that provides a lot of punch for not a lot of calories. My 2 cents. Good luck.
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone !!!
  • 2wheelit
    2wheelit Posts: 10
    Options
    I like the vanilla flavored whey mixed with skim milk and then blended in a blender. Stick it in the freezer for about 5 min to thicken and then MMMmmmmmm sooo good!