I'M HUNGRY!!!!

Options
Okay, I'm allowed 1200 calories a day . I will have a mid morning snack before I eat lunch and by the time I get off work at 5:00, I'm sooo hungry. I usually workout during my lunch but I couldn't do it for the past 2 days because I've been so hungy. Yes, I do workout and gain extra calories back but I really try not to use those. Are there any high protein//high carb foods that I'm missing? Is there anything else that I can do to better sustain myself?

Any suggestions????

Replies

• Hiker_Chick71
    Hiker_Chick71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Snack on Lowfat Cottage Cheese, or canned tuna etc...to get you to dinner time. Ive did this routine since August of last year and Ive lost nearly 40 pounds before joining fitnesspal. :)
  • AmyKessler
    Options
    Eat your calories back! That's why you get them. It seems like I get way more hungry some days than others. I like to eat a little bit of cheese with some celery. The protein keeps me full, but the high water content in the celery fills me up fast.
  • muskogee
    muskogee Posts: 11
    Options
    I make a protein shake from cottage cheese and it keeps me going for a long time .
    1/2cup cottage cheese-fat free
    1/2 tomato
    2 strawberries
    1/2 banana
    Blend all the above
    calories less than 200.Protein about 14grams
    very filling
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Eat your calories back for sure! You at least need to net 1200 for your body's sake. If 1200 is not sustainable for you, you may need to change your MFP settings to .5 or 1 pound loss per week instead of 2 for a bigger calorie cushion.

This isn't about losing weight fast, it's about getting fit and staying that way.

Best of luck!
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    Maybe a protein bar? it will fill you up, and you can eat it on the go...
  • muskogee
    muskogee Posts: 11
    Options
    actually 18 grams of protein !!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating your exercise calories back, that's part of the problem.

Are you getting a good serving of protein into each meal and snack? That definitely helps with staying fuller longer. In addition, if you are regularly working out, MFP has your protein goal set way too low. You should be aiming to get between .5 and 1 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight a day.

Nuts make a great snack if you measure them. Yes, they have a lot of fat in them, but it's generally the monunsaturated fat--the good fat-and are a great source of minerals and vitamins. The fat makes them filling, too.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions????

Yes. Eat more. You'll feel better, be healthier, stronger, lose weight more steadily, look better....
  • makeupartist12
    Options
    My dietician recommended that I eat sometime of protein between 3-4pm part of my day (usually the time when my work day is ending). It can either be yogurt, laughing cow cheese (2 pieces or wedges) with some crackers, or even Blue Diamon 100 calorie All Natural Almonds (sold at BJs or Costco).....found it very helpful wasn't as hungry for dinner avoided over eating.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Are you eating Breakfast?
    After all it is the most important meal of the day!

If you eat a good breakfast that will help in not being so hungry.
    Eat a snack in between breakfast and lunch then small snack between lunch and dinner.

Try it, it works!
    I dont think you are eating enough! I know that sounds silly......
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of food all day, but all of it is very healthy, and normally around 1200cal.

Oatmeal/Grits - 250cal
    Apple - 50cal
    Orange - 35cal
    Strawberries(x5large) 29cal
    Grapes(x20) - 37cal
    Fat Free Yoplait (100cal)
    Carrots (chopped 3cups) - 157cal
    Tuna/Relish/Celery/Mayo made with Olive Oil - 162cal
    Whole Wheat Pasta - 200cal
    Corn with Black Beans, Fat Free Mozz Cheese w/ Salsa wrapped in Corn Tortillas - 350cal

Those are just different foods I eat through out the day, not including dinner :)
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise Calories. I'm on a 1200 Calorie diet too. But after I exercise it's really like 1600-1800 at the end. I don't think I could manage everyday on strictly 1200. In the afternoon I usually eat a greek yogurt. So good and it's full of protein to keep me satisfied til dinner.