Fat feet?

Options
I wear lace-up shoes most of the time.
Since I've lost some weight, I've had to tighten my shoe laces to maintain a good fit.
Is this common or am I just strange?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Common! Feet and Hands get fat just like our other parts!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Definitely very common. My rings are even fitting better since I've lost weight.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've dropped a whole shoe size.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    I wear lace-up shoes most of the time.
    Since I've lost some weight, I've had to tighten my shoe laces to maintain a good fit.
    Is this common or am I just strange?
    i have heard that you lose a half a shoe size for every 25 to 30lbs that you lose...dont know if it is true but my feet are fairly small already and i have lost nearly 40 lbs so far and have noticed a difference as well
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It happens, mine went down 2 sizes
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I asked this question a while back when i was thinking of selling a pair of cute shoes I bought online but were too tight, and many people said that the found their feet shrunk, with and some even a half a size to a full size!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't got fat but they have widened as more weight was on them...if they shrink back I can go dig out all my lovely boots...about 40 pairs!

Boot fetish...moi?:blushing:
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I was only commenting yesterday that my summer sandals were loose across my toes. It's funny when you loose weight fom the extremities. The tummy area seems to take ages to go!

:grumble:
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I've dropped a whole shoe size.

"bump"

wow that's amazing!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    It's common - when you lose weight you lose it everywhere - even your feet - geesh I even lost it in my earlobes. They used to poke out all funky, but now they're normal again lol. And as far as feet go - I was a shoe size 11 WW at my highest weight- now I'm a regular 11 and can wear some 10s. I hope to fit in all 10s once I get more weight off b/c that's what I wore years ago when I was smaller. Keep in mind though - tennis shoes do stretch - mine always do after I've worn them for a while. So that could be contributing to their looseness as well.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    yep i have a pair of shoes that used to be too tight that now fit perfectly
  • dpauley46
    Options
    My feet looked like Fred Flinstone feet. They were so fat. I can already see a difference in their fluffiness and I am really looking forward to a smaller shoe size.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    This is VERY common!! I used to wear a US women's size 10 shoe. If I could get a wide width, that was even better. Down 40 lbs and I am down to a size 9.5 and will likely wind up in a 9, and I no longer need a wide width (except in my running shoes to allow plenty of room for my toes!).

My fingers are also much thinner now. Went from a size 10.25 ring finger to a size 8.

As somebody else said, when we lose weight, we lose it everywhere - hands and feet included!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My laced shoe flew off my foot when I was working out last night! That's a first for me! Good thing I was in my own living room!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    i have heard that you lose a half a shoe size for every 25 to 30lbs that you lose...dont know if it is true but my feet are fairly small already and i have lost nearly 40 lbs so far and have noticed a difference as well

I hope not!! I'm 5' 7" and already have freakishly small feet at 7w... I have 75 more lbs to lose so that's another size and a half roughly.... so I'd end up with 5 1/2 - 6?? Yikes....
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Very Normal! I went from a 13 to a 11