beware 19 calorie chocolate chip cookies.

Options
The recipe that was posted is very mistaken. She got it off of sparkspeople and got the nutritional facts from themso it is not her fault. When you actually look at the recipe and do some calculations yourself you see how far off it is. I just don't want anyone making these thinking they are eating 19 calories when in fact they are eating around 100. so if you eat five thinking you are eating a 100 cal. snack you are in fact eating over 500 calories. be careful and plug eveything into the recipe file before you decide how many to eat!

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Thanks for that, I had saved that recipe too!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say it was obviously too good to be true. :) But thanks for sending out a warning anyways.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Dang it .... :sick:
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Did anyone save the recipe anyway? I commented on the post to see it later but I think it's been deleted, and I went out last night to buy all the ingredients.

Even if I can't enjoy them often, my roommates certainly could.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Did anyone save the recipe anyway? I commented on the post to see it later but I think it's been deleted, and I went out last night to buy all the ingredients.

This one ?

Double Chocolate Meringues

3 egg whites (at room temp)
    1/8 tsp cream of tartar
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Beat egg whites with a mixer in a clean glass or metal bowl until foamy.

Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract. Beat until soft peaks form.

Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time and beat until stiff peaks form.

Gently fold in cocoa powder, then chocolate chips. Be sure not to over mix and break down the egg white mixture.

Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.

Bake 25-30 minutes, until tops are dry and crisp. Cool. Store in an air tight container.

I got 39 regular size cookies out of the batch. So the nutrition per cookie came out to be: 19 cals, 4 carbs, 0 protein, 0 fat, 3 sugar
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

This one ?

Double Chocolate Meringues

3 egg whites (at room temp)
    1/8 tsp cream of tartar
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Beat egg whites with a mixer in a clean glass or metal bowl until foamy.

Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract. Beat until soft peaks form.

Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time and beat until stiff peaks form.

Gently fold in cocoa powder, then chocolate chips. Be sure not to over mix and break down the egg white mixture.

Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.

Bake 25-30 minutes, until tops are dry and crisp. Cool. Store in an air tight container.

I got 39 regular size cookies out of the batch. So the nutrition per cookie came out to be: 19 cals, 4 carbs, 0 protein, 0 fat, 3 sugar

Noo, :/

It was a recipe with spice cake mix, pumpkin, and chocolate chips. It was just posted last night and now its gone! :sad:
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Since it came from sparkpeople, maybe check that site!
  • diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can mix any dry cake mix with one can of pumpkin and bake it off as cookies. Just add chocolate chips to taste. Also works for cupcakes, done the same exact way.
  • charding40
    Options
    oh no!!! i went out today too and bought all the ingrediants and the recipe is gone :(
  • musicoflife08
    Options
    I've learned to always enter recipes into MFP. It can be a bit of a hassle, but I like being accurate in my calorie count.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It was 2 boxes dry spice cake mix, 1 large can PURE pumkin (not the mix) and 1 bag mini chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 mins at 425, cool another 10 on the pan. Makes approx 60. I made them and already ate two, THEN got around to entering the recipe so I could log the two I ate. Whoops! They are definitely tasty though, but most definitely not 19 calories. =)
  • 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I made these and was eating them like crazy thinking they were 19 calories each! Then I thought to myself....how on earth can they be 19 calories? Thank goodness someone posted the true calories because I ate 4 cookies this morning at a whopping 486 calories. Glad we got this figured out cause I would of been packing on the pounds at the rate I was eating them!
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well, this sure is inconvenient - I bought the ingredients for this last night! I didn't think they were 19 each but I definitely didn't expect them to be 80+ each! Sad day.
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    here ya go :)

Ingredients: 2 boxes of spice cake mix (just your regular cake mix in a box, make sure it is spice cake flavored)
    1 large can of pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling. Just pure pumpkin.)
    1 bag of mini chocolate chips

Directions: Preheat oven at 425. Pour all ingredients in a very large bowl and mix with (clean) hands.(Trust me, hands are the way to go on this one, a fork will do nothing but cause you agony) Once everything is mixed together, spray a cookie sheet with Pam and spoon cookie dough on cookie sheet by the spoon full. Bake for 10 minutes, then take out of oven and let them sit on the pan for another 10 minutes to finish cooking (this way they will cook all the way through and still be fluffy).

If you bake all of the dough, it will make about 60 cookies. Here is the nutrition info...

Calories 19
    Fat .5g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 23.3mg
    Crabs 3.7g
    Fiber .2g
    Protein .3g