Looking for a light kettle corn recipe made with real sugar

Options
j444
j444 Posts: 20 Member
I can't use artificial sweetners or stevia/truvia...etc. I usually do 1/4 cup sugar, in 1/4 cup oil to make 1/2 cup (unpopped) corn. It makes a huge bowl for everyone to share and its delicious, but I need a healthier recipe because its ADDICTIVE. I recently bought trader joe's light kettle corn...not impressed but its better than no kettle corn at all! Thanks:)

Replies

• emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Fresh and Easy's Kettle Corn? It's one of my favorites.
    Serving: 1oz, Calories: 130, Total Fat: 4.5g, Total Carbs: 20g (Sugar is 9g), Protein: 2g
  • GinjaNinja1
    GinjaNinja1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't have to use refines white sugar. We sub in brown sugar, whole sugar or cane sugar in all our recipes that call for sugar, you can usually use 3/4 the amount of sugar as well. Have you tried your same recipe with honey?

Your recipe does sound delicious, but it might be time to cut it out of your diet.
  • arlacher
    arlacher Posts: 7
    Options
    Bump
  • j444
    Options
    Out of all the store bought kettle corn's I love Angie's kettle corn the best, its all natural and its not bad in calories 150 for 1 1/4 cup, but they don't sell it around me so I try to make my own. I will definitely try sugar in the raw and see how that goes but I heard that using brown sugar would make it taste like caramel corn. Thanks for the suggestions:)
  • j444
    Options
    I got it down to 115 a cup:
    1/2 cup unpopped kernels,
    1/4 cup vegetable oil,
    2 tablespoons sugar (1/8 cup), \butter flavored salt to your taste.

Stove on high, I put the oil in the pressure cooker with 3 kernels, once all 3 pop add the sugar and stir then add the kernels. let it sit for 3 seconds and the shake for 3 seconds until the popping slows down pour into a bowl and add some butter flavored salt. its perfect for an after dinner snack and it fills you up.