Looking for more Lowcarb diet Buds!

Options
Hello again MFP!

I'm still pretty new here and I'd really like to network with more lowcarb diet members here, so we can share advice, recipes etc. I'm currently doing the Southbeach diet and researching diets such as Atkins/Keto. Even if you're not doing a lowcarb diet,feel free to send me a add as well. I can use more buds here either way!

Thanks,

Tony

Replies

• jenn2782
    jenn2782 Posts: 47
    Options
    I've been doing Atkins for about 2 months now and have lost 27 lbs. I would love to hear from more people who are also doing this diet.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i'm not doing low carbs but in my calorie counting i've pretty much cut them out. if you wanna diet buddy i'm here.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i am low crab atkinsingish , tis funny for the few months before doing this site i lost 45 pounds doing atkinsish. joined this site just went by there basic numbers gain 8 pounds. cancelled that accct after frustration.
    rejoined (this acct) customized the diary number and have lost 4 pounds (well thatis with a brief 5 pound jump 2days after my depo, going to watch for that in 3 nmonths)

oh am sending friend request to ya both
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    oh and anyone low carbing it feel freee to request me

and excuse any typing my glasses are in the car
  • Cheryleggleston
    Options
    I also do a low carb. One of my favorites is slices of lunchmeat ham, spread with a light cream cheese with chives spread (or sometimes I use whipped cream cheese and put a green onion in the middle) and roll them up and cut them into slices. One of my friends takes the larger size pepperoni slices, puts a slice of muzzerella cheese (muzzerella cheese spelling?) and then puts a dab of pizza sauce on it (from the squeeze bottle). and folds it in half. makes a nice little snack.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm primal, which is pretty much low carb as well. I accept friends :)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm on South Beach Phase 2 and could use some buddies, too!
  • jenn2782
    Options
    I also do a low carb. One of my favorites is slices of lunchmeat ham, spread with a light cream cheese with chives spread (or sometimes I use whipped cream cheese and put a green onion in the middle) and roll them up and cut them into slices. One of my friends takes the larger size pepperoni slices, puts a slice of muzzerella cheese (muzzerella cheese spelling?) and then puts a dab of pizza sauce on it (from the squeeze bottle). and folds it in half. makes a nice little snack.

Sounds yummy..Thanks for some new ideas =)
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So many different diets, so little time. I enjoy reading and learning about health/fitness in general. Thank you all for the adds, I plan to pick your brain from time to time about what works for you :D
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    I'm currently on low carb, low calorie. I'm in a medical weight loss program. I am currently allowed 40 carbs a day. Being in ketosis is rough. I hate the dry mouth and bad taste in my mouth the most. I just had labs this morning to make sure my body is tolerating ketosis. It can be a stress on the liver and kidneys for long periods of time. I've lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks with them, so I'm pleased with the results so far!
  • losinglou76
    Options
    Hi all, i've been doing low carb now for 2 weeks (trying to stay around 20 - 30 a day) i feel like my clothes are getting looser but the scale hasn't moved? I'm planning on making this a change for life and just adapting carbs to suit after i have lost weight. I'm going to send some friend requests for support and swapping tips/recipes etc. Wishing you all the best, Lou :smile:
  • jenn2782
    Options
    Hi all, i've been doing low carb now for 2 weeks (trying to stay around 20 - 30 a day) i feel like my clothes are getting looser but the scale hasn't moved? I'm planning on making this a change for life and just adapting carbs to suit after i have lost weight. I'm going to send some friend requests for support and swapping tips/recipes etc. Wishing you all the best, Lou :smile:

Did you take your measurements when you started the diet? They say everyone is different and that some people lose inches instead of lbs.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb too. I sent requests to several of you...anyone else who reads this can add me. I find other low carb friends so helpful! :)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been doing low carb for the past year or so. I've come up with so many 'tricks' and recipes, I don't even notice anymore that I eat differently than most people (except OMG do I miss potatoes. There is NO substitute)

I do it because I'm insulin resistance due to PCOS. Its the only way the scale will move for me. I've just recently hopped back on the weight loss wagon though, major life changes put it on the back burner. Glad to be back, and I'd love to have some low-carb pals! :bigsmile:
  • downby15
    downby15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been doing low carb for the past year or so. I've come up with so many 'tricks' and recipes, I don't even notice anymore that I eat differently than most people (except OMG do I miss potatoes. There is NO substitute)

I do it because I'm insulin resistance due to PCOS. Its the only way the scale will move for me. I've just recently hopped back on the weight loss wagon though, major life changes put it on the back burner. Glad to be back, and I'd love to have some low-carb pals! :bigsmile:

Have you tried cauliflower? I keep hearing that it's a good mashed potato substitute. I haven't tried it, but I'm curious. I don't really like cauliflower, so I have a hard time accepting that it could be any good.

I've been doing the slow carb diet for a couple weeks, but I'm not really enjoying the constant legumes, so I'm thinking of switching to keto.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb, low calorie plan... which makes some of it difficult. Especially when I couldn't have "meat" for protein! I miss the crunch... I want a chip, a cracker, a piece of bread... something! ha, ha, ha. I recently got a pretty neat recipe book -- IF you like Pork Rinds. I can't eat them. Haven't tried but my mind gets in the way of trying them... Anyway - has some recipes to make cookies or crackers that are low carb.

I did find some tofu pasta -- it's pretty good and is wonderful for those days that all you want is pasta. 20 calories per serving, 3 carbs of which 2 are fiber... It's a good substitue. They are called Shirataki.

I also miss pizza... found a way to make it with minimal carbs, though there isn't any cheese or crust. But it has the flavor and it seems to help put off the cravings!

Good Luck everyone...
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    I'm on a low carb, low calorie plan... which makes some of it difficult. Especially when I couldn't have "meat" for protein! I miss the crunch... I want a chip, a cracker, a piece of bread... something! ha, ha, ha. I recently got a pretty neat recipe book -- IF you like Pork Rinds. I can't eat them. Haven't tried but my mind gets in the way of trying them... Anyway - has some recipes to make cookies or crackers that are low carb.

I did find some tofu pasta -- it's pretty good and is wonderful for those days that all you want is pasta. 20 calories per serving, 3 carbs of which 2 are fiber... It's a good substitue. They are called Shirataki.

I also miss pizza... found a way to make it with minimal carbs, though there isn't any cheese or crust. But it has the flavor and it seems to help put off the cravings!

Good Luck everyone...
    [/quote

why no cheese?
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options

Good Luck everyone...
    [/quote

why no cheese?

No cheese, because dairy can slow your metabolism... I will reintroduce it at a point, but most of the time I don't miss it! :happy: Unless of course, I am craving pizza! LOL.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I do lower carb, I keep them at 100 grams a day and protein is at 110 grams. My fat stays low too at about 25-30. I have tons of recipes on my FB page, jmcole@charter.net these are not recipes for "bread-like" products, although I do have one for cauliflower pizza dough and cauliflower breadsticks. Mostly are just true protein and veggie meals. I am not so much into fake breads, etc. I am better off just staying away.