Cool Whip

Options
I love eating fresh fruit for snacks but some are a little tart for me and I'm wondering if its ok to use sugar/fat free cool whip to sweeten it up. What are ya'lls thoughts.

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It seems to be very popular around here, but you'd be better off using real whipped cream than the fake stuff IMO.
  • FairlyLisa
    FairlyLisa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would tend to agree with the real whipped cream idea. I try not to eat processed foods very much - some for convenience of course, but if I have the option of cool whip vs. whip cream - I would go for the cream.
  • saxydi
    saxydi Posts: 3
    Options
    You dont get Cool Whip in the UK, so I googled it out of curiosity and this is the first thing that came up! Yuk- kinda glad we dont have it!

http://www.jonathanfields.com/blog/horrifying-12-day-cool-whip-experiment/
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    whipped cream or light whipped cream. Whatever your preference is, I say do it. i use light while i head a cup of fresh chopped strawberries a few nights a week around 8:30 as I settle in to relax and drink some tea.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me a great fruit dip recipe. Here it is

1/2 cup greek yogurt (I use vanilla most times)
    1/4 sugar free applesauce
    a pinch of cinnamon

Sometimes I add a tsp or two of vanilla sugar free fat free instant pudding mix to make it into a desert, kind of like a thicker pudding.