Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    what an insipiring story!!! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats! But let me ask you this...how sore were you after the first day? It's totally discouraging me from running again when I can barely walk to the post office lol

I agree with greatescape--the first few runs were totally the hardest. Not that the other ones are easy ^.^, but it seems like the soreness dropped off significantly after the first week or so.

Good luck and keep going! You'll get there.
  • AussieLaurelle
    AussieLaurelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options

:) I love the thought of you running around in circles in your yard.

me too... i had a little chuckle when i imagined seeing someone running round their front yard

Congratulations :)
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I.Love.This.

Huuuuge gynormous congratulations on not only your run, but on drunken bravado that didn't end in a bad marraige!!

Haha, that's a story for another day....

Thanks!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Great story, thanks so much for sharing. And congratulations on your fantastic accomplishment. I've been contemplating the c25k program myself, but running is so scary. :ohwell:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome story. :bigsmile:
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thanks for taking the time to do all that typing to inspire the rest of us. I started last week and am on W2D2 later today. I agree with the recent post that running is scary, but I'm clearly one of the best examples of "If I can do it, you can do it". Now I find myself looking at local running club websites-who'd of thunk it! There's one near me that starts people this weekend as a beginner and preps you to run a half marathon near the end of September...I'm contemplating!

And to those of you who are "thinking" about C25K I heartily recommend you download the app and go for it! You won't regret it!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Amazing amazing post!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this inspirational post! It was exactly what I needed today!!! I've been having the itch to start working out outside and the kids have been eager to get out too, so I dusted off the double stroller and took off!!! We went for an hour and I even tried to run a little, I huffed and puffed, but I think I will keep pushing myself a little more each time I go! Congrats to you and best of luck on the 10k!!!
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    Love you lady. You rock so hard! So proud of you. ^_^
  • wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    Yay!! Doing the same program now after a 2 year running hiatus...LOVE IT!! Also I get tons of free info on www.halhigdon.com
  • kolbyjack
    kolbyjack Posts: 71
    Options
    Congrats! That is great!
  • common_housecat
    Options
    Teehee. That's my sister. ^.^ So proud! Thanks for the shout out, btw. My bed was particularly warm that morning as I remember. Lol. I can't wait for your 10k!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!