Hi there, been on here for 8days and lost 7lbs

Options
marj972
marj972 Posts: 30 Member
As you can see, I just started using this app and I absolutely love it, I now see that a lot of you guys lost so much weight and it is really great, makes me want to carry on even more.
If anybody has got any kind of tips, they are more than welcome :)

Replies

• nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I guess my advise would be patience, perseverance, and never giving up. The 1st week or two you always lose more quickly. Don't get discouraged when things slow down......sticking with the program is the road to success.

You are already doing magnificent so just keep up the good work.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Keep it up!
    You are doing a great job.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I did the same thing this week!
    Now I guess the real fun begins.

Slow and steady wins the race! Good luck and keep going!:flowerforyou:
  • MARJIE99
    MARJIE99 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thats amazing!!!! all the luck to you!!! :-)
  • marj972
    marj972 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thank you, that is really encouraging having people telling you that you are doing good.
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good job! I lost about the same my first week and then nothing for the next two. I realized with the amount of excersize I was getting I wasn't eating enough, so I added 200 more calories to my diet and this week I have already lost 2 more pounds. Keep it up!
  • carin_cress
    carin_cress Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome

This site is so wonderful. It helps to keep me accountable and keeps me in line when I lapse (and trust me I do lapse :)). I wish you all the best in your journey to a healthier you.

Carin :flowerforyou:
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    To stay motivated do different exercises so you don't get bored fast and eat healthy and enough calorie to be able to do your daily stuff.
    here is some useful sites:
    You can find different exercises here I like these sites!
    www.bodyrock.tv
    http://www.diet.com

This one is about calories and health:
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

As you can see, I just started using this app and I absolutely love it, I now see that a lot of you guys lost so much weight and it is really great, makes me want to carry on even more.
    If anybody has got any kind of tips, they are more than welcome :)
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Success lies mostly between the ears.

We need to be able to visualize our goals in a tangible way to stay motivated to keep going.

But it is very important to just let that motivation keep the focus on the process. I think the short term goals become potentially distracting, because the risk is that they aren't achieved in the time frame that we set. This can have the effect of feeling like failure if not met on a predetermined schedule.

The Big Picture is the End Game. The Process gets you to the End Game, no matter how long it takes. It no longer matters how long it takes with that point of view. Just stick to The Process and the rest takes care of itself. Count net calories. Get the cardio in. Track nutrition. Make sure the week ends under the Red Line. Period.

You will be everything you desire. Your goals will happen.

Really, who cares if it takes 180 days or 210 days? A year from now, look back and success was achieved. The motivator is being a fit, healthy individual full of life and energy. A productive, loving person who is there for family and friends, adding value to others rather than extracting from society.

And to look HOT to the opposite sex. :wink: