Finished my first week with a breeze...now??

Options
Hello MFP...I finished my first full week on MFP yesterday, with a loss of 6lbs, seemed so easy last week, today....I AM STRUGGLING!!! It is like my energy level has shot down REALLY bad. However, I did still walk this morning and this evening. Last week it seemed so easy, I'm not stopping, just slowing...lol!

Replies

• upmommyof5
    upmommyof5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!! It will get easier the longer that you do it!! You can do it!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hmm, a little concerned for you. You should feel alive and energized! Keep an eye on your net calories. Don't restrict TOO much. That is, hit as close as you can to your calorie target (it's ok to go a little over or a little under). Just don't go FAR over or under.

Congrats on getting through that first week!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 6 lbs! You're doing great! You made the decision to walk even though you were tired... that's more than I can say I did today! lol (I'm finishing up my second full week on Friday!)
  • momtothreegirls
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss, that is a great start! We all have our days where were lose our motivation. If you've had a bad day just pick yourself up and get back on that horse! We all are here to support you!
  • cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    Thank you... it's been a long week, I just gotta keep going :-)..thanks!!
  • cbaines74
    Options
    I was worried at first about my calories being under also. A few of my days, I was way under my calorie intake. So, what exactly is the net? I have been trying to get in at least 1200 a day, but only one day this week I went a little over.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    well done, keep it up:smile:
  • cbaines74
    Options
    Thanks Georgia!! Congrats on the second week down, Friday is so close!!! We will keep motivating each other! :-)
  • cbaines74
    Options
    Momtothreegirls, thank you so much!! I am trying to stay motivated, I will definately start back again tomorrow.
  • cbaines74
    Options
    Thanks Missy1970eb :-)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I was worried at first about my calories being under also. A few of my days, I was way under my calorie intake. So, what exactly is the net? I have been trying to get in at least 1200 a day, but only one day this week I went a little over.

calories consumed - exercise = net

For example

If you eat 1200 and exercise 0, then your net is 1200.
    If you eat 1500 and exercise 300 then your net is 1200 again.
    If you eat 1200 and exercise 300 then your net is 900.
  • cbaines74
    Options
    OK, I got it, thanks so much!! :-)
  • pinktoenels
    Options
    Are you taking a multivitamin? This helps me a lot, also exercise gives me so much energy!
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first week. I am on my 2nd week new to this website! Keep up the good work!

April
  • WIQQID
    WIQQID Posts: 13
    Options
    I think it is important to mention what calories you are actually eating. If you are getting your calories from healthy, nutritious foods like lean meats, vegetables, low-carb fruits, etc then your energy level should be good. I mean you can eat 2 cupcakes and only consume 1000 calories in a day, but you will feel like crap.
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 6lbs, That is so great! I have been here since march and have lost 8. I really need to step up my exercise!!
  • cbaines74
    Options
    I need to start taking a multivitamin this week, I started walking last week, I think the reason I feel so tired is mother nature is tryin to put me down for a minute, but that isn't gonna stop me. I do take VitD and B12 vitamins also.
  • cbaines74
    Options
    Thanks April, I am new here too, so we all will be here on this journey together :-)
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yay 6 pounds is awesome, nice work!
  • cbaines74
    Options
    :laugh: I am eating scrambled eggs in the morning for breakfast, an apple or banana for lunch, a lean cafe dinner that usually are like 300 cals. I drink 4 to 6 glasses of water daily, and walk 2.5 miles in the mornin and 1.5 in the evening. I am usually still under my calories for the day. Even when some days I do eat a ice cream cone at the end of the day, I am still under. Maybe that is why Im tired, not eating enough...hhmm