Couch to 5K - Need a fitness buddy!!

Options
Hi! I was wondering if there was anyone else out there that wanted to do the couch to 5K program but felt like you needed to do it with someone else, to help you stay motivated. I started the C25K program last year and got to week 5 before the buddy I had that was doing it with me backed out and then I quit too :( It is just so hard for me to stay motivated doing it by myself, and I really want to do it! Let me know if any of you all are interested and then maybe we can get to know each other a little and become closer friends, like send emails or text messages and encourage each other every day or so. :-) So who thinks this is a good idea?

Replies

• Adudynski
    Adudynski Posts: 31
    Options
    I would love to do this.. I have tried it off and on but never kept with it add me !
  • brandy2076
    brandy2076 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to do it too - feel free to add me! However, I can't start until Thursday.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Can you explain what it actually is/entails?
  • jenhduncan
    jenhduncan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    This is the website that explains it :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a variation on Couch25K that works better for me, so I wouldn't be doing the exact same thing each week, but would love to chat with other beginning runners/joggers ;)
  • Emilyanne6081
    Options
    i'm on week 3 day 1 feel free to add me!
  • geewizzamanda357
    geewizzamanda357 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started the program yesterday! Add me if you want to :)
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I started yesterday! Feel free to add me!

Happy training =)
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I was actually thinking of starting this program tonight so if you want to add me, I would love some running buddies!
  • jenhduncan
    Options
    thanks y'all!
  • angtodaycounts
    angtodaycounts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am started this the beginning of May since I am currently doing something else. You are welcome to start with me and we can work on it together. Feel free to add me!
  • jenhduncan
    Options
    I started back again today. I started on w4d1 again since I had quit on week 5 a few months ago. My body was telling me HEY YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS IN A WHILE! Haha but It was fun anyways. I might have to repeat this week until I get it down :) thank you all for accepting to do it with me :). I really feel like I can do it now :) I'm not sure what days I will do it on because my schedule at work is not the same every day
  • karen1612
    karen1612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've only just started this week and am doing d3w1 tomorrow. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at this today. I would love to do this. Add me in, when do you want to start?
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 1! Add me if you like!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I just started this week! I'll probably need the motivation too!

Add me if you're still looking for friends!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I've always wanted to be a runner but never quite got there.:tongue:
  • amankaushal
    Options
    Add me if you want... started running last week and trying to increase the run to 5 k.
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I started this past week as well ! Good luck everyone :)