Sweet Treats!!

Options
Hi Everyone!!

I was wondering what everyone eats for say a dessert?? or a snack when thier craving chocolate? :) i wish i could just let it go ... but i cant...lol. iv been eating vitatops the chocoate ones and they are soooooooooooo good!! but im just looking for some new treats that are still kinda light and better for you than eating ice cream and candy bars?!??!

Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

~~ Rachel

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jello Pudding and Mouses are yummy, some calories, about 60 but nothing like the real thing and they taste great!
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    Options
    Dessert is my favorite meal of the day! Here are some of my favorites:

angel food cake with sliced strawberries & whipped cream
    jell-o sugar free pudding - 60-80 calories depending on flavor
    squares of high quality dark chocolate - 30 - 60 calories per square depending on brand
    Anna's thin cookies (ginger & cinnamon almond) - 6 cookies for only 140 calories
    skillet cinnamon apples
    Yoplait parfait delites - 100 calories
    homemade light fruit cobbler or crisp
    hungry girl low cal cup cakes

I could go on...
  • nicoco78
    nicoco78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    smart ones....any dessert they offer....so yum@\!
  • AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    I recently found Genisoy Sweet Crisps. They are like a light crisp, drizzled in chocolate. You get to eat ten of them for 90 calories.
    I also turn to sugar free jell-o cups..or the sugar free pudding.
    I've made cupcakes where you mix a box of cake mix with a can of pumpkin (instead of egg, oil, etc) and they are delicious! Spice cake & devils food cake work best. The stats are better, but only if you can resist eating the whole batch. :blushing:

There are tons of low fat/fat free/sugar free/etc types of ice cream treats at the store also.
  • rachelowow
    Options
    This is amazing!!

Thanks you everyone!!

All sound Fantastic!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This is my new "go to" for a treat:

2 tsp. organic peanut butter (so there aren't any nasty fillers) or natural P.B.
    1 tsp. agave or honey
    cream those together and add a scant tsp. of cocoa powder and cream again

Mix in one cup of organic Kamut puffs or puffed wheat

it is a very light version of chocolate puffed wheat square....which I really like

I even had it for breakfast together with a glass of unsweetened chocolate almond milk

Anyways I enjoy it!
  • Rangerz
    Rangerz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my late night snack of Corn Pops. Half a cup is 60 calories and I eat them out of a bowl like I would with popcorn. Curbs my sweet tooth everytime!!
  • rachelowow
    Options
    sounds really really good.. any dessert usually does lol

Thanks!
  • AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    Also, I recently found this post on MFP about frozen peanut butter cups and tried making them over the weekend. They were so good!
    This genius of a lady made frozen peanut butter cups out of:
    1 tub (8oz) Fat Free Cool Whip (yes, it needs to be fat free. The low fat kind gives off a weird texture)
    3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
    2 Tbsp chocolate syrup

Here is her post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/172569-frozen-peanut-butter-cups
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    Options
    Also, I recently found this post on MFP about frozen peanut butter cups and tried making them over the weekend. They were so good!
    This genius of a lady made frozen peanut butter cups out of:
    1 tub (8oz) Fat Free Cool Whip (yes, it needs to be fat free. The low fat kind gives off a weird texture)
    3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
    2 Tbsp chocolate syrup

Here is her post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/172569-frozen-peanut-butter-cups

I'm going to have to try this one!!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be annoying....so ignore me if this is something you have already thought about and rejected as something you are worried about BUT......I am really concerned about highly processed things like Cool Whip and below is the ingredient list:

Cool Whip Original is made of water, hydrogenated vegetable oil, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, skim milk, light cream, and less than 2% sodium caseinate (a milk derivative), natural and artificial flavor, xanthan and guar gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, and beta carotene (as a coloring).[5] In some markets, such as Canada and the United States, Cool Whip is available in an aerosol can using nitrous oxide as a propellant. Cool Whip was formerly marketed as non-dairy, but in Jewish dietary traditions, Cool Whip was classified as dairy rather than parve (non-meat and non-dairy) because of the sodium caseinate (which is derived from milk). Cool Whip now contains milk and cream.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I reach for special K choc pretzel bar. Its only 90 calories look at my diary for the specifics on it!

PS I hope that helps
    April
  • t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My favorite desserts are the skinny cow ice cream products! The white mint truffle bar is my favorite, and only 100 calories :)