Molten Lava Cake

Options
Mindibessler
Mindibessler Posts: 3 Member
I had a co-worker make this molten lava cake in a coffee cup. She said it was "weight watchers approved". Has anyone ever heard of this before? Do you know how many calories it has? It is sooooooo good. I hope its reasonable in calories. I have been counting it as 150/serving just as a complete guess. The perk is that you can make one serving of cake and not an entire cake, plus there are no eggs or oil added.

Recipe
1 box of angel food cake mix
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 bag chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients in plastic container. To eat, take 1/3 cup of mix in glass coffee cup, 3 tbs water, mix well, microwave for 70 seconds.

Replies

• dd_salas
    dd_salas Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    maybe try inputting all of the ingredients in the My Recipes tab?
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    If you go to food> recipes and you can enter all the ingredients and how many servings it makes, and it will tell you how many calories are in each serving.
    Sounds really easy and yummy :)
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    I have heard of something similar to that, but it isn't the exact same thing. I would suggest weighing or measuring how much of the ingredients your are using for the calories if you can't find it.
  • PepsiGal
    PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! Thanks for sharing!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    no oil, no eggs, it can't be too bad calorie-wise
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It sounds really good. Hope you find out what the calorie count is. I may have to make it.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    sounds like the hungry girl one

HG's Mississippi Mug Pie
    Ingredients:
    3 level tbsp. devil's food cake mix (not packed)
    One 25-calorie packet hot cocoa mix (like Swiss Miss Diet or Nestle Fat Free)
    1 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 Jell-O Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Snack (original or Double Chocolate)
    Optional: Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add cake mix, cocoa mix, egg substitute, and 2 tbsp. water. Mix well.

Add chocolate chips and about one-third of the pudding to the mug, and stir gently to combine. Microwave for 1 minute.

Fluff with a fork, and then gently mix in the remaining pudding. Microwave for 1 more minute.

Let cool slightly, top with Reddi-wip (if you like), and dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire recipe
    Calories: 233
    Fat: 5g
    Sodium: 588mg
    Carbs: 45.5g
    Fiber: 2.75g
    Sugars: 19g
    Protein: 6.5g

PointsPlus® value 7*
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This. Sounds. Delicious!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I would guess it to be between 150 to 250 calories depending on what brand of cake mix you used, and how big the chocolate chip bag is.

I hope I helped!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump. thanks:smile:
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this...thanks!
  • Marci138
    Marci138 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have a similar recipe except that it does not have as much sugar. It's called 35 Second Coffee Cup Cake:

2 tablespoons flour (can use 1 T flour and 1 T protein powder - again increases protein another 3 - 4 grams)
    1 1/2 tablespoons Splenda
    2 teaspoons cocoa powder (if you want vanilla cake substitute 2 teaspoons of vanilla protein powder - this will increase your protein to about 5 grams or you can substitute 2 t chocolate protein powder for the same effect with the chocoloate flavor!)
    Pinch of instant coffee crystals
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    Pinch salt
    2 tablespoons milk or Hood Countdown
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    Drop vanilla

Spray a small coffee cup with PAM and mix all ingredients in cup. Cook for 35-45 seconds...allow to sit for a moment and serve.

Total Recipe: 110 Cal; 2 g Protein; 5 g Fat; 14 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 0 g Sugar; 0 mg Sodium
  • Mindibessler
    Mindibessler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions to figure out calories. I will have to try entering it into my recipe's . :flowerforyou:
  • HoneymoonSlimDown
    Options
    Sounds amazing and so easy to make!

Bump!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    YUMMO!
  • Almiel
    Almiel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time with boxed brownie mix for a single serving brownie. Not as good as baked but it keeps you from having a pan of brownies sitting around tempting you! There's a brand called No Pudge that's low fat. I do about 3 Tbs mix to 1 Tbs milk. Mmm mmm.
    Mix all ingredients in plastic container. To eat, take 1/3 cup of mix in glass coffee cup, 3 tbs water, mix well, microwave for 70 seconds.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time with boxed brownie mix for a single serving brownie. Not as good as baked but it keeps you from having a pan of brownies sitting around tempting you! There's a brand called No Pudge that's low fat. I do about 3 Tbs mix to 1 Tbs milk. Mmm mmm.

That is so TRUE...and why I really don't like to bake ...too easy to eat them all.
    I love this One Cup dessert idea.
    :happy:
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    bump
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    BUMP