bodybugg accuracy

Options
So I just got a new bodybugg. I wore it today only for the hour that I was at Zumba class. I did not wear it all day. When I checked it after Zumba class and it said I burnt 2200 calories! That seems like way too many! I weigh 265 and just started working out! Im wondering if I should trust my bodybugg beings its supposed to be 95% accurate?

Replies

• thogue29
    thogue29 Posts: 20
    Options
    What's a bodybugg
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The body bugg says it's 90% accurate and it's what the contestants on the biggest loser wear.

I use mine everyday all day and it has really helped me. The calories you burn depend on how tall you are and how much you weigh along with your exertion.

2200 calories is a lot but I'd go with it and feel great about burning that many calories,
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    where were you wearing it?? Definately sounds off. I have the bodymedia band, which is pretty much same thing. I usually burn about 500 calories running 1 hour. I wear my band 24 hours per day, on my arm.
  • wvucntrygrl57
    wvucntrygrl57 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It tracks how many calories you burn in a day. You wear it on your arm. They wear them on the biggest loser show.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I believe the 2200 is for the whole day. Even though you had it off all day, it will fill it in with an estimate.
  • Fhockoday
    Options
    A body bug is a thing that you wear on your arm and it tells you how many calories you are burning. If you watch the Biggest Loser, the contestants on there where them. It keeps track if calories in and calories out.
  • wvucntrygrl57
    wvucntrygrl57 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wore it on the top of my left arm like the book says.
    Irish chick-how do you use your Bodybugg with this website.I dont like the bodybugg food log at all. But the bodybugg website tells me to eat more calories than MFP does. Which do you go by? Im just really confused. Im sure the bodybugg is great but i need to figure out how to get the most out of it.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I believe the 2200 is for the whole day. Even though you had it off all day, it will fill it in with an estimate.

This. I got mine yesterday, put it on at noon, and it immediately filled in the preceding 12 hours with an estimate based on BMR + Activity Level.... and found that it underestimated. LOL. I'm a restless sleeper.
  • skeene07
    skeene07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

+1 ^^^this^^^
  • baisleac
    Options
    Irish chick-how do you use your Bodybugg with this website.I dont like the bodybugg food log at all. But the bodybugg website tells me to eat more calories than MFP does. Which do you go by? Im just really confused. Im sure the bodybugg is great but i need to figure out how to get the most out of it.

I'm not Irish Chick, but I created a custom food called "100 calories" on the bodybugg website. At each meal (though this will probably change to once per day) I add the right number of "100 calories"; i.e. 321 calories on MFP becomes 3.21 "100 calories" on bodybugg.com.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I just do one food log into the Bodybugg system at the end of the day. I track it all here, then do a customer food I call, "Calories 4/20" and enter the total cals, fats, carbs and protein.
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I use the body bugg website to download my bugg and pretty much that's it. I hate their logging system. Their database sucks and I had to enter everything I ate which was taking too much time. So I just log here and go by what MFP says I need to eat. I usually compare the calories burned with how many calories I ate on here to make sure I'm getting my calories low enough to lose the 1-2 lbs a week I want to. I just add my calories burned into my food log note here which makes it easier to look back on.

Hope that helps!
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You have to wear it for 24 hours for a couple days for it to regulate, than they suggest taking it off for a hour a day, once you wear it for awhile it will learn your average calorie burn should you not wear it.
    I dont use the Bodybugg site it sucks so I just use this to keep track of my intake and compare it to my burn at the end of the day. Do you have a display or using the phone app?
    I wear mine all the time other than when I shower
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I use the body bugg website to download my bugg and pretty much that's it. I hate their logging system. Their database sucks and I had to enter everything I ate which was taking too much time. So I just log here and go by what MFP says I need to eat. I usually compare the calories burned with how many calories I ate on here to make sure I'm getting my calories low enough to lose the 1-2 lbs a week I want to. I just add my calories burned into my food log note here which makes it easier to look back on.

Hope that helps!
    I do the same thing, I had the Apex BodyBugg for 6 months but I just bought the Body Media one which is the same thing just different site but on their site you can put in your average calories for the day so I use MFP to log my meals than I go on the app and create a meal that has all my numbers for the day. Shame you have to pay that monthly fee and they cant delevope a site as good as this one
  • nightmerr
    nightmerr Posts: 5
    Options
    I just got my bodybugg today (biggest looser V3).

I am VERY excited! It was delivered after my workout however so I am not sure if I should start wearing it now or wiat till my workout tomorrow?!??!

I am also really liking the ideas of using MFP to log my calories and then just enter them into the bodybugg website. Any more suggestions on doing that would be very appreciated! THANKS!
  • baisleac
    Options
    I just got my bodybugg today (biggest looser V3).

I am VERY excited! It was delivered after my workout however so I am not sure if I should start wearing it now or wiat till my workout tomorrow?!??!

I am also really liking the ideas of using MFP to log my calories and then just enter them into the bodybugg website. Any more suggestions on doing that would be very appreciated! THANKS!

Yay for getting your BB!

For best results, your BB should be worn 24/7 except when bathing/swimming. I usually take mine off for sleep though. For calories on the BB website, I like to put in my meals as the day goes by so I can see my progress, but I just have a custom food called "100 calories"... it's just that a 100 calorie food with my "ideal" Carb/Fat/Protein breakdown. Each meal I just put in the right number (breakfast was 292 calories on MFP, BB gets an entry of 2.92 "100 calories").
  • wildflwrz
    wildflwrz Posts: 3
    Options
    I was wondering...how do I log the calories burned from my Bodymedia Fit armband into MFP? When I did it today, it said: Goal 1730, Food 1638, exercise 1024, Net 614, remaining 1116. That doesn't sound right to me...that I need to eat another 1,116 calories. Is it even possible to put those calories burned all day into MFP?
  • wildflwrz
    wildflwrz Posts: 3
    Options
    baisleac - thanks a million for the example on how you enter your foods into BB database. I never would have thought of that on my own and it is so helpful! Thanks again!
  • amyandrus
    Options
    I have had a body bugg for years. The person who said it will fill in the remainder of the day is correct. If you plug it into your myapex program and look at the actual burn rate for the time period when you were at Zumba, you will see that that part of your day is 500(ish) calories. The remainder is what it knows you generally do in your daily activity. To be accurate, you should probably wear it all the time. That way you can get a better sense of your daily activity, and how much the exercise affects your burn rate.
    Hope this helps!